Meraviglia November 10 Cruise

cellfree

Just off the ship, loved it, would definitely sail her again. Crew and Staff excellent, always smiling, always say “hello,” great service. Found ship fairly easy to navigate. Interactive screens throughout the ship easy to use. Food fine and have no complaints but would say I liked the pastas on the Divina better. Had dinner in Butchers Cut (diamond perk) and it was superb. We did try the Fish n Chips in the Brass Anchor Pub $5.00 and was great. Also tried hamburger and fries from Pub $5.00 and just okay for me. Three nightly shows very well attended. There are six different dinner times, three dining rooms. We had the “easy package” and it was more than adequate for us. We had an Interior Cabin on Deck 14, really spacious, only negative would be lack of drawers. Sorry these few quick comments are all over the place but wanted to write a few quick notes before I do laundry - yikes! Oh yes we did get $100 credit on our account due to no private island, Cozumel added, and from the letter we got upon arrival on board we will get a discount on the next cruise we book - the amount is 20% of what we paid for the Mera cruise so not a flat amount and will be different amounts depending on what you paid for your cruise, fine for us, we will sail MSC again, this was our 7th cruise with MSC. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Cruceiantes, here they are:

Music Life Trio, Iran’s and Hot Swing Trio

Latin Waves

Jazz Trio and Jazz Duo

Kene

Flashpoint Band

Norbert, Classic Duo

(We did not get up to Deck 18 Sky Lounge until last evening, wish we would have gone earlier, seats/space available, nice for relaxing or dancing if you are looking for that type of venue.)

We also had a great time on the Meraviglia this past week and have nothing but positive things to say about the cruise.

Did anyone catch the names of the two female singers that performed nightly at the Broadway theater? One was a contemporary singer (she didn't perform the last night). The second was the classical singer.  We'd really like to find more information on them or at least some photos.

Thanks!!

J&E

21 hours ago, cellfree said:

Oh yes we did get $100 credit on our account due to no private island, Cozumel added, and from the letter we got upon arrival on board we will get a discount on the next cruise we book - the amount is 20% of what we paid for the Mera cruise so not a flat amount and will be different amounts depending on what you paid for your cruise, fine for us, we will sail MSC again, this was our 7th cruise with MSC. 

1 minute ago, principessalia said:

Thanks for the review.  What day of the week did they add Cozumel?

Was your cruise Miami - Sea Day - Costa Maya - Belize - Honduras -Cozumel - Sea Day-Miami?

The route went back and forth, it was:

Miami - Sea Day - Cozumel - Belize - Costa Maya - Honduras - Sea Day - Miami

3 minutes ago, principessalia said:

Did you know the change in days/ports before you sailed or once you were onboard?

I have shore excursions on the dates we are supposed to be in the ports above...

I had heard rumors of the change here on Cruise Critic, but the actual change was only confirmed once we were on-board.

If the excursions were made on MSC they adjust automatically. If you book outside of MSC you'll likely need to wait until you confirm the itinerary. 

As julia.eugene states we did go back and forth and back and forth. We also were not aware of new Itinerary until we boarded, did not get any type of email prior to boarding, just knew private island was a “no go” from reading CC. All that to say we did not have any delays arriving at any of the Ports. One thing MSC does (Carnival always stays on ship time) is it changes time throughout the cruise. So we gained an hour then lost an hour then gained an hour then lost an hour - that will be noted in Daily Program. 

23 hours ago, cellfree said:

1) There was always a "sanitizing" person at the entrance to the Buffet 2) and tissues were always in our stateroom.

This is excellent news. On the repositioning cruise they didn't have tissues in the stateroom (YC had them but no other category rooms did) and the sanitizing person didn't pop up until Day 4 in St Maarten. I only asked because I really hoped MSC listened as our sailing had a large amount of people contract an upper respiratory / sinus infection bug. It spread like wildfire on the ship since no one had tissues to use (and used their hands... gross)!