Anyone On The Edge March 8 Cruise?: All-Female Bridge Crew And Officer Team

vtcruising

It is never a wate of time for an organization to take special efforts to demonstrate that there are lots of previously marginalized people working in high-level positions that were largely unavailable before. Sally Ride, for example, got far more publicity because she was the first American woman in space than any other astronauts (all men) on her 1983 mission. NASA pushed it like crazy, and 36 years later, it is not unusual anymore to learn women are astronauts.

Publicity like this can help change a culture. Imagine all the girls growing up who might be inspired to seek out professional careers in cruising! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

What are the synergies that would be created with an all female staff?  If everyone is a professional doing their job, why would an all female staff be better than an all male staff or a mixed crew?

I don't know what the synergies would be, but they would be more substantial than a photo op.  Whenever a different group become leaders - women, millennials - changes happen.  Maybe they will just figure out a way to stop people from peeing in the pool. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congratulations, Celebrity, in overcoming the difficult logistics involved in replacing the male  officers with female officers.

I`m sure they will be very grateful being relocated to other ships in different parts of the world during this memorable period.

4 minutes ago, govanguy said:

Congratulations, Celebrity, in overcoming the difficult logistics involved in replacing the male  officers with female officers.

I`m sure they will be very grateful being relocated to other ships in different parts of the world during this memorable period.

I know my fragile male ego would be devastated by being displaced temporarily. Lots of PTSD likely, as the crushing reality sets in that it is no longer considered gospel that only my gender can do certain jobs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’m on Silhouette now, this morning Sue Denning hosted a “Girl Power” Q & A seminar with about a dozen female staffers. 
She said she will be on board that cruise, as well as our current Hotel Director, Nina,  and Capt Kate, of course. All female bridge crew.

i think it will be a very fun week for all those on board. 

• Like 1