Jr Suite have robes?

redheadx3

We asked on our Majesty cruise and the room steward said he wasn't supposed to, but would try since we were without our luggage. He did find 2 for us and I thanked him with $10. We received excellent service the whole cruise. ;)

We've had them both times in Junior Suites on the Rhapsody. When we checked into on ocean view last week on the Splendour, there was a note waiting for us saying that they hoped we would enjoy our robes. (We made Platinum after our last Rhapsody cruise.) In short, all's been smooth sailing in the robe department for us.

You have a right to robes in all catagories of suites: a room attendant telling you otherwise is either confused, lazy, or looking for a tip first-ask the desk, you'll get them. A good attendant will get you almost anything you ask for-within reason.

A junior suite is a suite in name only. It does not have the same benefits as a suite and is, in actuality, only a cabin. Why they gave it the name Junior Suite is beyond me as it causes a lot of confusion.

The only benefits I can think of that come with a cat. JS cabin are the extra cruise credit you get when you sail in one, more room, larger balcony and the bath tub instead of shower only.

Sorry but disagree about Junior Suites, just off Jewel of the Seas and loved the JS, no you don't get concierage lounge, but the room is 30% bigger than than the next Cat.D1, had a walk in closet, a large bathroom and balcony, service was excellent. A JS also gets double the Crown & Anchor credits. We had wonderful heavy terry cloth robes waiting for us. Have stayed in RS on Celebrity, and, no, the JS is not nearly as nice but it was very comfortable, in fact, we booked same cabin for Dec. 8 night itinerary. :)

Sorry but disagree about Junior Suites, just off Jewel of the Seas and loved the JS, no you don't get concierage lounge, but the room is 30% bigger than than the next Cat.D1, had a walk in closet, a large bathroom and balcony, service was excellent. A JS also gets double the Crown & Anchor credits. We had wonderful heavy terry cloth robes waiting for us. Have stayed in RS on Celebrity, and, no, the JS is not nearly as nice but it was very comfortable, in fact, we booked same cabin for Dec. 8 night itinerary. :)

They're great cabins. They just aren't considered true "suites" as far as the suites benefits go. Extra room, extra cruise credit (making it 2 instead of one), bathtub in the bathroom and that's about it. Some have been given priority embarkation and disembarkation, some have received robes et.... but those benefits haven't been consistant. It just seems to depend on who you speak with or are being served by as to what benefits you'll get and what benefits you don't get.

IMO, it's a tweener cabin. Somewhere between the ordinary cabin and a true suite. It is our favorite cabin in our price range. Maybe one day we'll be able to move up to a Grand Suite or better. :D

Doug-

We always go out of Port Canaveral, Ft. Lauderdale or Miami and have always gotten priority embarkation. Agree about the price range - our favorite too. RS or OS booking would mean I would have to cruise much less, not worth the extra space if it costs me whole cruises!!!!!!:eek: Got upgraded to RS on Celebrity once and it was wonderful, but really NOT worth the extra $$ - IMHO, unless you REALLY have it to blow on the luxury.:D :D

On Mariner in July we had just an E1 corner aft and in november on voyager we had an inside stateroom and in both cases they brought us robes the first five minutes we were there-- we just asked and they were glad to do it.

Barb

Doug-

We always go out of Port Canaveral, Ft. Lauderdale or Miami and have always gotten priority embarkation. Agree about the price range - our favorite too. RS or OS booking would mean I would have to cruise much less, not worth the extra space if it costs me whole cruises!!!!!!:eek: Got upgraded to RS on Celebrity once and it was wonderful, but really NOT worth the extra $$ - IMHO, unless you REALLY have it to blow on the luxury.:D :D

The only time we sailed in a JS without being Plat. members was out of Miami on Explorer in Nov. of '04. We didn't get priorty embarkation or robes. I've seen enough posts on these forums to know that some people get some of the suite perks without asking, some get them after they ask for them, some don't ask and don't get them and still others ask and are denied getting them.

RCI sometimes stands for Really Consitantly Inconsistant. I think they confuse themselves when they call it a suite but don't officially consider it a suite. I can see where their employee's and customers would become confused. It's called a suite but it's not "officially" a suite? What's up with that? If RCI isn't going to offer a Junior Suite all the perks of a suite it seems to me they could help everyone by calling the cabin something other than a suite.

Had a JS last March on Voyager out of Miami, asked for the robes-got them within two hours. Doug, with a JS you should have had priority embarkation in Miami. You won't get priority disembarkation.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time I should have received something and didn't get if from RCI. If it wasn't for their ships, I'd have little incentive to sail with them. In our five cruises the best that can be said for them is that they are inconsistant. Especially for anything off the ship.

The only time we sailed in a JS without being Plat. members was out of Miami on Explorer in Nov. of '04. We didn't get priorty embarkation or robes.

You have to take the initiative with priority embarking. if you just go stand in line, or not go to the line that says, "guest with suites, platinum & diamond members", then no, you wouldn't have had priority embarking.

You just have to look for that sign. No one even asked me for a ticket or anything to be in that check in line. Better to be pro-active, than re-active.:)

As for the robes, on the NOS they were in the cabin, and on the Enchantment, I had to ask for them.

I guess I'm just a dumb ole country boy, but what's the big deal with the robes?

You can't wear them to the dining room, and it's too far to walk to Wal-Mart. Whatcha need a robe fer anyway?

LL

Trust me, they are used. They are great to have when you are on the balcony, as it can be cool first thing in the morning, and after dark. I never go out to the balcony without mine...and when I cruise on the Jewel, not in a JS, I intend to buy one.:)

I guess I'm just a dumb ole country boy, but what's the big deal with the robes?

You can't wear them to the dining room,

LL

I have seen them in the lido dining room on Carnival. So yes people do wear them to the dining room but should not......Of course I have seen people in their PJ's too but that was on Carnival also.

Well no matter whether it is classified as a "suite" or not, I don't care. It's a great cabin, especially the walk-in closet in the room on Jewel. I'm sure the concierage lounge is great but I can wait till I get enough cruise credits to take advantage, and at least I get double credit's with a JS.

My experience with RCCL has been great, so if they are inconsistent, we've been lucky because each cruise has actually improved in most categories with the Jewel cruise excelling in nearly everything.

To each his own though, right? As long as it's a ship at sea it's OK with me. :) :D

Archived