NCL POA Maui port

wren42742

can anyone help me with port information. 

for NCL Pride of America Hawaii cruise there is a day in Maui that I want to rent a car. anyone have experience with this? is there a parking lot close to the port terminal where I can park it overnight to use it the next day? car rental place? -enterprise seems the closest. help please! 

Thanks!

You really need to look at the ports of call forum for this information.

However, I can say that last year there were many shuttle buses run by the car hire places between the ship and them. There are some options nearer the ship, but when I was looking, many were not open on the first day, and I used the shuttle.

There is very little parking near the port. There is quite a bit of discussion on that forum about various options. Safest is to return it to the depot overnight, but that is a bit of a pain if you want to set off early on day 2.

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

You really need to look at the ports of call forum for this information.

However, I can say that last year there were many shuttle buses run by the car hire places between the ship and them. There are some options nearer the ship, but when I was looking, many were not open on the first day, and I used the shuttle.

There is very little parking near the port. There is quite a bit of discussion on that forum about various options. Safest is to return it to the depot overnight, but that is a bit of a pain if you want to set off early on day 2.

You are  out of date.   Only Avis, Budget and Payless have shuttle buses.   There is no parking at the port or the Mall Parking lot.    A lot of people do use airport parking.   I use Maui Beach Hotel Which has Hertz and parking.  1++ mile walk from port.  

1 minute ago, Budget Queen said:

You are  out of date.   Only Avis, Budget and Payless have shuttle buses.   There is no parking at the port or the Mall Parking lot.    A lot of people do use airport parking.   I use Maui Beach Hotel Which has Hertz and parking.  1++ mile walk from port.  

I wouldn't say out of date, rather perhaps a slight error in wording. What you describe is pretty well exactly what I was trying to get across.

Yes, probably wasn't "many" shuttles. About 3 sounds right.

Yes, certainly no parking at the port. There are some options discussed on various forums regarding parking near the port (I class near as being within about a mile).

5 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I wouldn't say out of date, rather perhaps a slight error in wording. What you describe is pretty well exactly what I was trying to get across.

Yes, probably wasn't "many" shuttles. About 3 sounds right.

Yes, certainly no parking at the port. There are some options discussed on various forums regarding parking near the port (I class near as being within about a mile).

There is-   Only 1 shuttle ,  not 3.   

17 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

There is-   Only 1 shuttle ,  not 3.   

Aah, OK. One shuttle that covers those three. I assume they are the same depot (I know Avis and Budget are connected, so assume Payless are also part of the same group).

So yes, that has changed since last year.