Snorkeling

robindina

Minimum snorkel tops along the beach. No iron shore. Better of shore from boat along the reefs. But people have seen some fish and sea life around Blue Kay  in the past.

Ship snorkel excursions to Uvereo beach  are decent. Its north of port and only open to ship excursions. 

Yes we just got back and did some snorkeling off of Blue Kay.  Not a ton of coral, so not a lot of fish, but there are things to see if you don’t want a ship excursion.  The water was very pretty.  There are fish around the rocks and There are fish under the pier and I believe it is the location for NCLs beach break/ snorkel excursion.  

I was with 2 non water folks so I did not spend as much time exploring as I normally would have.  We spent the morning at blue Kay and returned to the ship for lunch.  I did the afternoon catamaran snorkel with NCL and it was excellent.  Healthy reef, lots of fish.  Trip was from 2:30-6PM.  We snorkeled for a good 70 minutes.  The ride back was fun, over the wave bumps and free beers. 

To blue Kay it is a $4 per person taxi ride each way.  We were charged $12 per person for a chair with a cushion and one 8 ounce frozen drink.  

The folks at Blue Kay were friendly and very very helpful to my elderly mom. Yes there are many vendors that walk by, but a no thank you sends them on their way.  

From the beach we have found Blue Kay to have the most to see. We have been there twice and you can swim all the way out to the rocks and it's still very shallow and you can stand up in most places. We have seen a lot of fish including tons of rays, lionfish, lobsters, squid, conchs and so on. There's a decent amount of coral I thought, but don't expect like tons of coral all together or a reef but yet plenty to see for a free place to snorkel that's easy.

You can check HERE for my complete review of the first time we went there. There's TONS of pictures in the review that will show you the snorkeling and what we seen. Scroll down the review to find the beginning of the snorkeling pictures. Also, there is a second time I went out (and it will show more of the corals) so keep scrolling on down.

The second time we went back to Blue Kay, you can find that review HERE.  We seen a lot that day and this review has some pretty awesome pictures of the coral in it. I think you will be pleased with it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

On 11/22/2019 at 2:48 PM, astridwilson said:

Yes we just got back and did some snorkeling off of Blue Kay.  Not a ton of coral, so not a lot of fish, but there are things to see if you don’t want a ship excursion.  The water was very pretty.  There are fish around the rocks and There are fish under the pier and I believe it is the location for NCLs beach break/ snorkel excursion.  

I was with 2 non water folks so I did not spend as much time exploring as I normally would have.  We spent the morning at blue Kay and returned to the ship for lunch.  I did the afternoon catamaran snorkel with NCL and it was excellent.  Healthy reef, lots of fish.  Trip was from 2:30-6PM.  We snorkeled for a good 70 minutes.  The ride back was fun, over the wave bumps and free beers. 

To blue Kay it is a $4 per person taxi ride each way.  We were charged $12 per person for a chair with a cushion and one 8 ounce frozen drink.  

The folks at Blue Kay were friendly and very very helpful to my elderly mom. Yes there are many vendors that walk by, but a no thank you sends them on their way.  

Was there anything stating the prices at Blue Kay? Did you sit at a table or have loungers?

We are thinking of going there next week but I thought it was $10 for a lounger and TWO drinks? I don't think my husband will be too pleased paying $12 for a beer in Mexico.

May have to re-think our plans.

I did not see anything written.  The $12 was for a lounger with a padded cushion and one drink.  I told the waiter that I had read that it was for 2 drinks and he said one drink.  Now they did not charge my mother.  There were 3 of us, so we paid $24 for 3 loungers and two drinks, but the price quoted was$12 per person which included only one drink.  

• Thanks 1