Navigator Cabin Guarantee

jessandarnie

we are booked and now paid in full on the Navigator, E Cat, WL with GTY. We do not depart till March 2020, and wonder when we may be advised of our cabin. They have advised us that we may not know until we board. I realise that if E Cat is not available we will be upgraded to next Category.

Has anyone had experience of Guarantee cabins on Navigator previously. How soon before cruise depart date we’re you advised? Or was it when you boarded?

There are not many cabins left and only Penthouse & upwards only available now for quite some time, even for departure end March.

curious as to how they work this. It is our first Regent cruise and are really looking forward to it.

thank you for any replies.

3 hours ago, jessandarnie said:

we are booked and now paid in full on the Navigator, E Cat, WL with GTY. We do not depart till March 2020, and wonder when we may be advised of our cabin. They have advised us that we may not know until we board. I realise that if E Cat is not available we will be upgraded to next Category.

Has anyone had experience of Guarantee cabins on Navigator previously. How soon before cruise depart date we’re you advised? Or was it when you boarded?

There are not many cabins left and only Penthouse & upwards only available now for quite some time, even for departure end March.

youcurious as to how they work this. It is our first Regent cruise and are really looking forward to it.

but,

thank you for any replies.

Not sure I understand your E Cat WL with GTY.   WL, wait list is completely different from Guarantee.  Assuming Guarantee as you have made final payment.  Yes, you are guaranteed a minimum of E or higher.  Yes on possibly being informed up to boarding but, likely earlier but, no telling when.  People get notified from right after booking to upon boarding.  Same for all Regent ships.  Can't always tell by available suites.  You might get offered an upsell first where you pay more and get a higher category right then however all depends on the amount of the upsell and your needs/wants.

How they work this is to fill available suites and if not enough make offers to booked people to change category and even take a different cruise.  Also offers to those on guarantee.  How they do it is a mystery but, not to worry, you will have an E or better.

5 hours ago, jessandarnie said:

We booked a Ggty for a cruise earlier this year on Seven Seas Navigator. We were allocated a numbered suite about 1 week before boarding (an F grade). No one advised us ............. the suite number just appeared on the "My Account" section of the Regent website.

However on other cruises when booking a GTY we have been allocated a suite much earlier, so there is really no knowing.

With a GTY booking on Navigator you do risk being allocated a suite towards the aft of the ship where vibration can be an issue; this affects some guests more than others.

Navigator is an excellent ship and I am sure you will have a very enjoyable cruise, whichever suite you are allocated. (All the balcony suites, A to F, are the same generous size)

Thank you for responding, yes, we did WL the E category, as it was full. I was advised that if we paid deposit our WL will become a priority and the likelihood of E Cat becoming available would be much higher than F cat. , (and we were the only ones on the WL.)

We have since paid in full earlier than the due date, hoping we may be advised of a cabin number. Our booking it is now showing as a GTY in E category.

We will be happy as to whatever they offer, as we know the cabins are all relatively the same size, it is will get down to the Deck level.

thank you for your advice.

Jane.

For future reference, with a WaitList deposit I believe you can waitlist in more than one category; so you could have waitlisted both an E and an F with the one deposit. 

I doubt if paying in full early will lead to an earlier suite allocation for the GTY, but I maybe proved wrong.

We are booked on the Navigator 23rd Dec cruise on H gty and still haven't had our allocation.  I notice the entire cruise is showing wait list in all categories. 

We booked in February 2018 and was not on any wait list.

Fingers crossed we get something soon. Not sure how they work it when all categories are showing as unavailable?

2 hours ago, vino123 said:

We are booked on the Navigator 23rd Dec cruise on H gty and still haven't had our allocation.  I notice the entire cruise is showing wait list in all categories. 

We booked in February 2018 and was not on any wait list.

Fingers crossed we get something soon. Not sure how they work it when all categories are showing as unavailable?

Not to worry you may not even get your suite assignment until you get to the dock but, you will get Cat H or better.  THe fact that the ship appears full  because of wait list on all categories doesn't consider that they went to wait list because of the number of guarantees on their list.  All of this is managed very well and haven't heard of anyone not getting their suite with a guarantee in over 10 years.

Regent will move heaven and earth to get everyone on board by going as far as paying people who are booked to move to other cruises, upgrade, downgrade, etc.  Don't worry when they have it all sorted out you will have our H or better when you arrive at the ship on the 23rd. 

Edited by rallydave
  • Thanks 1

@vino123,

As Dave says, no need to worry.

You are guaranteed a suite of grade H or better. However the allocation of that suite (i.e. actual grade, deck, position and number) may not be made until you check in.

You may know earlier - on a Navigator cruise earlier this year we were allocated a suite number one week before boarding (one grade higher than the gty that we booked).

Hope you have a wonderful cruise on an excellent ship in a beautiful part of the world for the Holiday season 🤶🎄

• Thanks 1