Meraviglia Transatlantic April 12th Miami to Copenhagen

Floridastorm

This cruise has a bunch of ports that we would like to see and the ship is brand new. Also, the pricing is pretty decent. We are in our 70s and are not really interested in partying or anything like that. As such, I am somewhat concerned about the overall review given by one of the Cruise Critic Managers which is quoted below.

"The average age is around the early 40s for adults, though with the strong emphasis on family expect literally hundreds of kids during school vacations, all of which are extremely well catered for. The only thing that an American or Canadian (or indeed a Brit) might find jarring is the fact that there are no bedtimes for kids, nor adult-only areas: Children are up until all hours, roam the ship unchecked and will be in the disco until closing time, which can seem odd"

Will there be a great deal of kids on a transatlantic cruise that leaves Miami April 12th and arrives Copenhagen May 3rd? For any of you that have traveled on this ship and especially transatlantic is it peaceful inside the cabins. We can put up with some noise in the general areas of the ship but not if sleeping will be a genuine problem. 😱

The ship is now more than 2 years old - hardly "brand new".

I agree with Dave (Sidari) ... there are very few, if any, children on repositioning cruises, due to the length of the cruise and times of the year when schools are usually in session.  They tend to attract a lot of retirees for the same reasons - no concerns over time off work, etc.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

As both Sidari and Beamafar have said, and I repeat in a single word: No! Those transatlantic cruises are usually pretty much kids free. In my last Brazil to Portugal one there were some 8 to 10 of them all plus some 20 or so teenagers, all of them very well behaved. Oh: And they were a sign of hope in such a pretty much very mature environment. Have a nice day and a nice sailing!... 🙂