Temperature question

Hope27

We just booked a Caribbean cruise on The New Statendam for January 2020. Can someone tell us, please how cold are the common areas (mainly, the dining room and the theater) 

I understand cold is very subjective, but I am trying to find out what to pack for the evenings. I really appreciate your comments. Thank you!

I haven’t been on your ship, but been on a number of them and I always find it wise to pack a shawl, shrug or cardigan.

The MDR and public rooms can be cool especially if you go earlier as they cool them down knowing that the people in the room will heat it up.

I’ve not needed it sometimes and other times I’ve taken my shawl every night.

No guarantee on what any temperature will be and how much it will bother you (I get chilled faster than some people) so I pack “in case”.  A shawl or shrug does not take up much room and HAL sells the Pashmina shawls usually at their $10 table as well (assuming they still do that when you go).

Forewarned is forearmed 😉 

13 minutes ago, Hope27 said:

We just booked a Caribbean cruise on The New Statendam for January 2020. Can someone tell us, please how cold are the common areas (mainly, the dining room and the theater) 

I understand cold is very subjective, but I am trying to find out what to pack for the evenings. I really appreciate your comments. Thank you!

I've found the interior spaces onboard ships to be cold.  Always.  I carry a sweater or wrap at all times.

I used my Turkish, light wool shawl a great deal during my recent cruise on the Oosterdam.  I rarely needed it in the main dining room. I Needed it near the start of shows/events in the main theater.

The two places I needed it the most: the Pinnacle Grill and BB King Blues Club. Unless I was dancing in the Club, of course.

We even turned the AC off in our cabin, except when we were actually in Hawaii.

Layers are a great way to pack, since even altitude changes can affect the temperature.

We just spent twenty days aboard the Nieuw Statendam sailing in the Mediterranean last month. The outside temperature had about a 25 degree spread in the evening (depending on daytime temperature reached) as we traveled from Gibraltar to Greece. I was fine through the whole cruise but my wife would carry or wear a light sweater in the evening. She felt that it wasn't any different than common areas on other ships.

Edited by Heartgrove