Sky Princess Inaugural Cruise

edfrak

Did the Sky Princess Inaugural Cruise from Athens to Barcelona.

Even though I did enjoy our 6th princess cruise and felt a bit let down

by the very low key reception of it being its first cruise.

Since returning home I have seen many U Tube video's of the Trieste-Athens

which was a trail 4 day cruise for invited guest, and I must say they got all the

fan fare of a Inaugural cruise

Big sail-away party - posters  all around the ship highlighting it first sailing and lots of big nights

which we didn't experience as full paying Guests.

I think a lot of guests would have booked this cruise for being it first, and felt a bit let down by Princess.

Like to hear from fellow passengers comments on this.

• Like 1

We are booked on the 'Maiden Voyage' for the Enchanted Princess from Southampton on July 1st, although I see there is a sailing before this, a 9 day Inaugural sailing. I am not sure what the main differences are - I (wrongly) assumed we were on the first sailing of this ship, so I guess I am slightly disappointed I am not! Maiden I took to mean as First!

I wonder what, if any, special events will be happening on our Maiden (2nd) sailing!

Interesting to see what others people are saying.

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

@edfrak  tell me about it ... we're booked on the 12/4 which was to be the U.S. "inaugural" ... then came the late added 12/1 "inaugural" bumping us to v2.0 ... and now Princess is having the christening on the 12/7 cruise ...

We are on the Sky cruise Dec 7....what do they do for the christening?

• Like 1

Hi Voljeep,

Though Princess was misleading in it's selling of the Inaugural Cruise as all the fan fare and excitement of a first

cruise was on its first sailing which was meant to be its trail ran.

It was for invited guests and family's (Princess Management, Travel agents, Many Travel Bloggers ..etc)

One couple who reviewed the Ship were staying in the same cabin as us so we were not the first guest .

Also were a lot of teething problems on our cruise which should have been ironed out on the trail.

Having said that, still a beautiful ship and nice feel around the ship-

I'm sure they have ironed out a lot of the problems by now. 

6 hours ago, beachmets said:

We are on the Sky cruise Dec 7....what do they do for the christening?

The christening will be held at the port and more than likely be for only the invited VIPs. 

I'm quite surprised by them not doing some huge event.  The Regal had their huge event and Christening prior to the inaugural cruise for paying guests. We were very fortunate that the Love Boat Cast was also no our sailing but the big event was the night prior. 

NCL just had their huge event with Kelly Clarkson here in Miami this past weekend for the Christening. I went to the MSC Seaside Christening a couple of years ago and it was a huge star studded event.

• Like 1