Onboard account - minimum hold on CC or bank account?

bailey57

Cash is King..you cant spend more than you have on the account...

they will let you add $ as needed...not putting ANY hold on my $...

wont play that game again...

one tip I can give you is, purchases in the jewelry shop can be made directly to that vender 

they will take your card gladly.. no holds

• Like 1

Do NOT use a debit card....your bank places HOLDS on your funds and it can take days for the "holds" to drop off.  Use either a credit card, or simply bring cash.  If you use a credit card, and want to pay it off in cash, you can certainly do so.  NOTHING is actually CHARGED to your card until the cruise is over.

Credit card or cash....no debit cards.

These threads always amuse me when the CC's are evil people come out.  If I couldn't trust myself to wisely use a CC I don't know how I would take that.  It isn't the card, it is the person using the card.

Thanks for everyone's input. Interesting, because I asked "is there a certain amount that must be available (or held) for a 7 night cruise?" - that is, is there a minimum amount they require be available. I didn't ask for pros/cons of debit vs cc, but everyone sure is opinionated about it... who knew. 😉😄 

Edited by bailey57

4 hours ago, bailey57 said:

Thanks for everyone's input. Interesting, because I asked "is there a certain amount that must be available (or held) for a 7 night cruise?" - that is, is there a minimum amount they require be available. I didn't ask for pros/cons of debit vs cc, but everyone sure is opinionated about it... who knew. 😉😄 

It’s not called Cruise CRITIC for nothing. 😜

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bailey57 said:

Many people ask a basic question without thinking about the ramifications so posters add that information (and we also keep in mind that other people are reading the thread and they may have need for the information, even if it's not asked in the original question).

• Like 1