We Spoke-They Listened

April42749

Yesterday many of us were grumbly because of the Black Friday sale which wasn't much of a sail.  Personally, the cruise I was looking at went up and since sailaway rates weren't included in the sale, my theoretical cost, as compared to a few days prior, was much higher.

I'm happy to say that the prices went down this morning and sailaway was included, so I got, what I consider, an excellent price. 🙂

For reference....the Bliss for March 1

Prices didn't change on the sailing I booked yesterday. The only prices that changed were on the "Dates and Pricing" screen. Those were all incorrect yesterday, but when you actually clicked into the sailing to choose your room type, the prices were correct yesterday and remained the same today.

7 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Prices didn't change on the sailing I booked yesterday. The only prices that changed were on the "Dates and Pricing" screen. Those were all incorrect yesterday, but when you actually clicked into the sailing to choose your room type, the prices were correct yesterday and remained the same today.

Not for what I booked.  I've been following the sailaway rate for a week or so...clicking all the way thru to final payment.  Mine went down significantly from yesterday and insignificantly (I don't know the exact amount) from "pre-sale".

I have a price set in my mind and if it gets there I book.  Otherwise, I can wait until the last minute.  I'm retired and live walking distance to the port.  However, booking early means you can make reservations early.

39 minutes ago, April42749 said:

Not for what I booked.  I've been following the sailaway rate for a week or so...clicking all the way thru to final payment.  Mine went down significantly from yesterday and insignificantly (I don't know the exact amount) from "pre-sale".

I have a price set in my mind and if it gets there I book.  Otherwise, I can wait until the last minute.  I'm retired and live walking distance to the port.  However, booking early means you can make reservations early.

If the cruise isn't selling well, they'd reduce the prices anyway.  Doubt it has anything to do with "listening to you", though would be nice to think so. It's likely b/c it's past final payment... gotta sell, sell, sell. 

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

If the cruise isn't selling well, they'd reduce the prices anyway.  Doubt it has anything to do with "listening to you", though would be nice to think so. It's likely b/c it's past final payment... gotta sell, sell, sell. 

The title was "tongue-in-cheek".  There are 4 cruises...Feb/Mar.  Today is final payment for mine.  Some are a bit past, some in a week or so.

The point was....they all went up with the "Black Friday Sale".  They all came down today.  They can go up again...and down again (although any lower would be really giving it away).  The only benefit for me was that I was able to book shows/dinners at times I wanted....instead of waiting until the last week and then have problems with the times.

On 11/26/2019 at 1:28 PM, April42749 said:

And to make my day even happier.....they already assigned a cabin.  BA on deck 11.  Cabins above...cabins below.  This is the best cabin that I've been assigned with the guarantee.

I love when that happens! We had that happen on Breakaway on our last cruise.