Wines

roger3858

I enjoy wine when on holiday especially with a meal- I’ve been having a browse of the wine list. Sadly my wife isn’t a big drinker so I suspect much of what I’ll have will be by the glass. 

Any recommendations from experience of by the glass wines on the list? Any to definitely avoid?

As a follow up I know bar set up in QG includes 2 bottles of wine or spirits- if you get wine and finish it does it get replenished?

First Cunard crossing in TA and thoroughly excited!

No need to buy wine by the glass. Your sommelier will simply seal your bottle if you have any left, and bring it back to your table when required. My wife and I often have two bottles on the go at any one time, plus my port that appears at the end of my dinner.

Your wine in your room will be replenished if you are nice to your butler, providing you don't go mad!

• Like 1

Aren't most wines in  a screw top on board? Its so rare to find a wine with a cork in it  here that I  no longer know where our corkscrew is.   With a screw top I'd expect an opened bottle to last a week if stored at the right temp 

9 minutes ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

You could always take your own little wine pump and stopper to keep the air out. Ours weighs a matter of a few ounces. No way a bottle will make it out of dinner alive, or we'd have the gadget packed.

But a proper champagne stopper (the kind that hooks under the lip of the bottle mouth, to prevent its being blown off)) is always good to have at hand.