Coffee on the Royal Princess

WCAB

My sister was debating whether or not to buy a coffee card.  I told her I thought the Royal ships all use fresh brewed coffee but cannot find the reference again.

Would someone mind verifying that this is the case.  Thanks.

Was on Royal in October and can confirm that all of the coffee is brewed.  The machines make it look like it's fresh brewed (there are beans in a hopper on top) but I suspect they actually brew small batches since there's no lag time whatsoever between pushing the button and coffee flowing.

Regardless, the coffee was uniformly excellent, and I can be a bit picky on this point.  Even the coffee taken around in carafe's in the buffet was extremely good.  Our CC waiter told us the coffee was the same everywhere, but the back of the house brewing stations produced much larger volumes.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you're comparing to Princess Grand class ships using concentrate! 

We were on the Star Princess in October and they had fresh brewed coffee in the

Horizon Court.  I observed the crew putting 5 lbs bags of ground beans into those large coffee machines.  No syrup.   
Edited by John99

It is a machine with ground coffee in a hopper at the top. It basically works by dropping the correct amount of grounds into a brewing container inside the machine and forcing hot water through it. Pretty much like a K Cup. The hopper has to be refilled. I found the coffee pretty good. The coffee machines are located in around 4 locations as well as on the aft terrace. The buffet is open from 5am until 11pm.

The available cups are around 8 ounces. If you want larger cups to carry around you have to bring your own.

• Like 1

Just on this ship in November, and like every other cruise I have been on, the coffee was absolutely disgusting.  Did not matter if it was the dining room, buffet or room service.  Yuck.  However I had the drink package so was able to get delicious fresh coffee from the baristas at the International Café, the bar beside Princess Live and there is also a barista in the buffet in the dessert area.  Americano, Lattes, etc all were wonderful.