MSC - South America

ziggyuk

Well, I am off shortly to Rio for my MSC cruise on Fantasia.

I just came across this on a closed facebook group, its all translated from Portuguese and the translations are not great (but good enough to understand).

Reading this and seeing what Brazilians are saying about other Brazilians it's a worry.

Wish me luck..... 😱

image.png.dea76f0c5853eb1911ac310ec797ecdc.png

image.png.9602c6878b7d21671281fa8d457ec88c.png

image.png.a302f68ad3bac42051255bf0214ccb32.png

image.png.17388a408da3f349d37c712e212fdd2c.png

image.png.d216296802e7e845109cf494672c58ec.png

Ziggy! Wishing you luck and a fabulous cruise.

I'm a Brit that has lived in Brazil for 15 years and have been on a Brazilian Preziosa and Med Seaview cruise.

Brazilians are warm friendly people who love to party. When they party, they show their enjoyment by making noise. 

A few will definitely go crazy at the all you can eat buffet, but then so do a few from other countries. I remember a woman screaming with joy that they had found more chocolate brownies on day 2 of a 7 day cruise, grabbing as many as she could in her hands and one in her mouth. She probably broke many etiquette rules but she was as happy as can be!

A lot of staff will speak English as a second language and will love to chat with you in English.

You may find some crew members who have not adapted well to a ship of 99.5% Brazilians.

@JohnJayJotaJames  - The brownies LOL.

Thank you, I fly to Rio today and my cruise starts on 6th, I will stay in Rio and travel to iguazu falls before the cruise. 

We are pretty laid back and i'm sure those comments are a bit over the top, even if it is slightly true I will still have a great time with the added free and unexpected entertainment.

4 hours ago, JohnJayJotaJames said:

You may find some crew members who have not adapted well to a ship of 99.5% Brazilians.

Are there any crew members from other areas of the world left when the ships go to Brazil? :D

We were on the Seaview in the Med a couple of month before the ship went to Brazil and already almost only Brazilian and Middle America staff on board. And even the Brazilians were already horrified about their compatriots coming on board soon in big numbers :classic_cool:

So, please keep us up to date if it is really so horrible, ziggyuk. 

Ziggy I have been to Rio for Carnival stayed 4 days and it was nothing like described above, BUT you have to be aware of your surroundings. As to the cruise Yes Brazilians like to stay up late and party then want brunch around 11 till 1 pm. A cruise out of China on RCCL had more horror stories than a Brazil cruise

Z ... we did Preziosa's repo from Santos and the majority of guests onboard were Brazilian.  Apart from the fact that Portugese was the main language onboard (we quickly got very tired of only hearing it) we had a wonderful cruise (though we wouldn't do another one!).

Hope you had a good flight.  Enjoy your time in Brazil and have a fantastic cruise.  Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Thanks all, I just woke on my first day in Rio.

@perakcruiser I understand the cruislines have some government arrangement where most of the crew have to be Brazilian (something like 80% I believe)

Our holiday had started well to say the least, do to a bad experience in the UK some months ago, we have been upgraded to the executive suit on the top floor, it's just wow! Accor, I love you again!

What with the free hotel upgrade and free ship upgrade we cant fail to have a good time.

• Like 2

@ziggyuk Free hotel & ship upgrade - what a fantastic start to a vacation! Enjoy!!! Iguassu Falls is so beautiful. I'm sure that you'll have an amazing time there. The Macuco Safari is a fun way to see the falls from the river but you will get wet. Very wet! The national park is much bigger than I imagined and takes time to get around - something I wish I'd known for our first visit. Looking forward to hearing about your trip to Rio, Foz and your cruise.

39 minutes ago, JohnJayJotaJames said:

@ziggyuk Hope you had a fabulous time in Rio and Foz de Iguassu. We've only cruised from Santos so looking forward to hearing about the boarding experience in Rio.

Wonderful so far, we board on Friday, I will update you on how it goes 🤗