Cell phone streaming question

t_fins

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

To add to this you also have to turn on WiFi Calling while you are at home (meaning the area of your calling plan before roaming kicks in.) If you live in NY you can still turn WiFi Calling on if you are in Florida.

I have to do the set up for my sister and brother in law while in Florida pre cruise next week. I tried to explain over the phone but the concept may not intuitive to some non tech savvy people. 

I (sadly) don't have T-Mobile anymore, but here's a tip to avoid data roaming charges, but allow for included roaming wherever you can get it:

1. Go to your T-Mobile account online and go to your profile. Click on “Blocking.”
  2. Turn on “Block charged international data roaming.”
  3. Turn on your phone’s “Data roaming” option. For Android, it should be under “Mobile networks.” It will give you a scary prompt about extra charges. If you did the above block on your account, you can ignore this warning and should be fine.

13 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I have to do the set up for my sister and brother in law while in Florida pre cruise next week. I tried to explain over the phone but the concept may not intuitive to some non tech savvy people. 

Teach them how to use YouTube. My 87 yr old father can fix anything and cook anything via a YouTube video. He still uses a flip phone so he isn't tech savvy but he knows his way around an iPad and the YouTube app.

22 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

To add to this you also have to turn on WiFi Calling while you are at home (meaning the area of your calling plan before roaming kicks in.) If you live in NY you can still turn WiFi Calling on if you are in Florida.

Yes....excellent point.  You need to activate WiFi calling while still on a cell tower.  In fact, WiFi Calling should be activated anyway.  If you have wifi calling activated and you are on wifi but have a weak cell signal your phone will automatically kick into WiFi Calling mode and you won't drop calls. You won't even know it did it.  We have a very weak cell signal in our home and were always dropping calls until we activated WiFi Calling. Now it's seamless.