Summit Sea Days

NRG

We are new to Celebrity but platinum on RCL and Princess. Our most recent cruises were with Princess.  I’m considering a Maine/Canada 9 night on Summit in May.  There will be 3 sea days, can anyone tell me what to expect for activities?  I’m not expecting excitement, remember we like Princess,😉 But Princess shows movies in their theater on sea day afternoons and I enjoy that.  What will the Summit have besides bingo and art auctions?  Thanks for all replies!

You might want to review the daily's from our B2B on Summit.    Ours was a New England and Bermuda cruise but the activities on sea days should be similar.    I posted dailies in decent size so you should be able to read them easily.

I remember it just being the usual bingo and trivia plus the pool activities. I will be onboard in January and will post. Funny, this will be my 5th time but then again, summit is usually a port intensive cruise in the Caribbean. We have done 2 repositioning also. We basically sat in solarium or the promenade deck and napped. I wish they did the movies in the theater as RCCL will do on some ships during the day. On my TA last month it was mobbed with people watching the lion king from ages 40 to 90. 

We  prefer to watch movies in our stateroom where we can stretch out on the bed in comfort or sit on the couch with our legs propped  up on a footrest .

Also like being able to start/stop the movie at our own convenience.

The Summit has the Rooftop Terrace which is a nice place to hang out.  They show movies up there I cannot remember if they are during the afternoon or evening.    

We also hang around alot in our room, usually on our balcony.  We usually do Aqua on deck 11 soit is a short jaunt to the Oceanview bar, the buffet or the Rooftop Terrace.

Look for Donovan in the buffet for breakfast.  He always has a big welcome for everyone.

IMO you are going to be disappointed.  Granted our 1 X cruise, just off of the Summit had 1 sea day but i was very disappointed in the onboard activities.  Remember too that the summit is a smaller-ish ship, so that contributes.  No indoor movies, limited live music (Seemed to be focused on the sea day, but every other day was mostly a DJ), some ok activities on sea day like trivia, some pool games.  The majority of stateroom movies you have to pay for, I think there were 3-4 actual free movies.

Here is the planner from our one sea day we just got off of.

1672EBBB-9EC0-4A8B-81F8-307A37399C8D.thumb.jpeg.1a914a182888d395871eef3f0f28ff89.jpeg 

Yes, our Daily Planner also stated "OVER 85 ACTIVITIES LISTED TODAY" for a sea day.

But many of those so-called "activities" listed were just sales pitches attempting to entice you to buy some product or service that they were selling.

Edited by varoo