Explorer tender platform

Early Retiree

My husband has difficulty with steps. Does anyone know if it is possible to reach the Explorer's tender platform without having to use steps. He is ok with a few steps, but an entire flight is hard for him. He could get in and out the tender, so that would not be a problem. 

Thanks for any information you have.

Merril

Merril, unfortunately no, I don’t think the tenders are ever level with the platform - there’d be too much splash and spray if it were.

FWIW, the tender stairs are relatively short and there are always crewmembers available to assist.  I’m not sure of the exact number of steps, perhaps someone could post a photo or at least do a count?

We haven’t been on the Explorer in about a year but I remember thinking that their tender platform is the best of all Regent ships. I do not recall there even being any steps to get on and off. I also have great difficulty with stairs and even curbside steps.

I know they had some steps when we were on the ship, but don't really recall.  I have a balance problem, along with walking for long periods (back problem).  However I do remember I didn't have any problems getting on/off the tender.  Plus the crew is really helpful that work the tenders.  Regent does a great job in that area.