Palma De Mallorca Excursions Question - RCI

CynBeth6

Has anyone been on either the excursion called City of Palma Guided Tour or City of Palma Excursion Plus from Royal Caribbean?  They look pretty much the same and we are trying to figure out on which one you get to go in the castle and cathedral and any other info you can provide to help us decide which to pick.  Thanks!

21 hours ago, CynBeth6 said:

Has anyone been on either the excursion called City of Palma Guided Tour or City of Palma Excursion Plus from Royal Caribbean?  They look pretty much the same and we are trying to figure out on which one you get to go in the castle and cathedral and any other info you can provide to help us decide which to pick.  Thanks!

Quite  honesty  you do not  need to go on a guided tour it is easy  to  do on your own 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 12:36 PM, roger b said:

Quite  honesty  you do not  need to go on a guided tour it is easy  to  do on your own 

roger b...please help...we want to DIY.

It will be our first time stopping in Palma.

How do we get from the cruise terminal to town?

Shuttle? Bus? or is it walking distance? Thank you.

4 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

If the ship docks at the cruise terminal 2 it is possible to walk in to town , catch the Hop on hop off bus ,shuttle bus or taxi.

My recommendation is the shuttle bus will drop you opposite the Cathedral or get a taxi 10 euros, to walk it is a very pleasant 30/40 mins walk along the seafront.

If the Ship docks at the new cruise terminal (6) you only have only 2 options Shuttle or taxi as it is too far to walk.

There is no way of knowing where the ship will dock .

9 hours ago, roger b said:

If the ship docks at the cruise terminal 2 it is possible to walk in to town , catch the Hop on hop off bus ,shuttle bus or taxi.

My recommendation is the shuttle bus will drop you opposite the Cathedral or get a taxi 10 euros, to walk it is a very pleasant 30/40 mins walk along the seafront.

If the Ship docks at the new cruise terminal (6) you only have only 2 options Shuttle or taxi as it is too far to walk.

There is no way of knowing where the ship will dock .

roger b...thank you for your prompt response.  We are still reading all your previous post about Palma...it's a wealth of information.  We will be on the Allure of the Seas this summer.

We are a group of 11...one senior citizen has difficulty walking long distances and one 6 year old who "may not want to walk".  We will take your advice and take the shuttle or taxi to town.

What and where would you recommend to visit after the Cathedral?  We plan on staying in town until the eldest or the youngest gets too tired of walking...then shuttle or taxi back to the ship.  Thanks again!

(Question: Smiling...where are the restroom/toilets in town?)

38 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

roger b...thank you for your prompt response.  We are still reading all your previous post about Palma...it's a wealth of information.  We will be on the Allure of the Seas this summer.

We are a group of 11...one senior citizen has difficulty walking long distances and one 6 year old who "may not want to walk".  We will take your advice and take the shuttle or taxi to town.

What and where would you recommend to visit after the Cathedral?  We plan on staying in town until the eldest or the youngest gets too tired of walking...then shuttle or taxi back to the ship.  Thanks again!

(Question: Smiling...where are the restroom/toilets in town?)

Well I like to deal with the last question first as this is dear to my heart there are toilets in all the underground car parks and you will see them dotted about in the street but they are few and far between .

I usually just go into a bar or coffee shop.

Palma is a beautiful city and very compact if you look back to my posts on 

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2284697-palma-de-mallorca-diy/#comments

you will find all the things to do in Palma for the day.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 9:08 PM, bonsai3s said:

Port to town:  Bus 1 to Stop #129 (Argentina sa Feixina)

Town to port: Bus 1 from Stop #1159 (P. Congressos, if leaving from east side of town), or Bus 1 from Stop #8 (es Jonquet, if leaving from west side of town)

9 hours ago, twruger said:

Port to town:  Bus 1 to Stop #129 (Argentina sa Feixina)

Town to port: Bus 1 from Stop #1159 (P. Congressos, if leaving from east side of town), or Bus 1 from Stop #8 (es Jonquet, if leaving from west side of town)

This advise is only correct  if the your ship docks at the old cruise terminal  if you dock at the new terminal  there is no bus you will have to get the shuttle or a taxi.

Also getting off at Argentina is the a stop too early you need the next one nearest to the Born.

On 1/4/2020 at 3:08 AM, bonsai3s said:

If you dock where I think you will because of the size of her you don't need a shuttle out of the port as it can be walked in 5 minutes. However the ship will certainly offer a shuttle to the drop of area by the Cathedral which is a good hours walk. I think the shuttle was 5 Euros which to me was a no brainer. Once of the shuttle you cross the main road and the Cathedral is directly in front of you. once the Cathedral is out of the way there are plenty of lovely side streets and shops but be warned they are uphill, not severely but uphill nonetheless. Beautiful City. We are on this same cruise in October.

19 hours ago, toptoff said:

If you dock where I think you will because of the size of her you don't need a shuttle out of the port as it can be walked in 5 minutes. However the ship will certainly offer a shuttle to the drop of area by the Cathedral which is a good hours walk. I think the shuttle was 5 Euros which to me was a no brainer. Once of the shuttle you cross the main road and the Cathedral is directly in front of you. once the Cathedral is out of the way there are plenty of lovely side streets and shops but be warned they are uphill, not severely but uphill nonetheless. Beautiful City. We are on this same cruise in October.

Well Toptoff may be right that you can walk to the port gates in 5 mins then you will be in nowhere land as it is at least another 15/20 min walk to the nearest bus stop --- Get the shuttle for 5 euros or get a taxi for 10/12 euros .