Majestic Tasmania

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Mr Gut and your impressions in brief of ye olde Majestic Princess ?   Please tell.

Too big for my tastes Uncle Les lots of complaints about tendering in Port Arthur because of so many passengers often no seats in the buffet (OK by us as we prefer outside anyway) only once got a seat at the International Cafe, probably only about 20 seat, I didn’t count but not a lot. 

But a very nice ship, very new so in great nick. I was surprised the accessible rooms, including public dunnies didn’t have automatic doors and door closers were way too heavy, got stuck inside once and had to wait for someone to escape (to be fair I was having a crap day). I’d hate to think how overrun some small ports would be if she visited.

Would I sail on her again?? I guess that’s the big question, and to be honest it would have to be a great deal, let’s put it this way probably before Emerald, but certainly after Diamond itinerary and price being equal.

56 minutes ago, RosieCanberra said:

Yes! I would love to see you and your lovely wife Gut! It's been five years already. 

Hasn’t that gone quick. I got notification when I got home of the unveiling of a portrait of the Barrister killed in the Lindt siege and it mentioned it was the 5th anniversary and thought then how has so much happened in just that short time.

On 12/15/2019 at 2:17 PM, GUT2407 said:

The biggest thing for us was that it really bought home that unless something drastic happens I am not sure how many more cruises are in our future, so many vertebrae (and other joints) have no cushioning left between them, and a couple of fractures that will probably never fully heel meant, that even with the wheelchair the pain at times simply reduced me to tears and I could feel grating of bone on bone with every move of the ship.

Sorry to read this Mr GUT. Hope that you can find a way to continue your cruise addiction, as I know you and Mrs Gut will really  miss not cruising, and we will miss out on your valued input from your trips