Majestic Tasmania

10 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Yep Crown is $35 was on our personalised at $29 apparently just went up a cruise or two back. In my opinion too Hugh that’s $70 on top of what you’d pay for a basic (ie MDR) I wouldn’t pay $70 extra on land

We've had 7 freebies in a row concerning the alternative extra pay dining, still haven't found one good enough to consider paying to go back.

11 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Yep Crown is $35 was on our personalised at $29 apparently just went up a cruise or two back. In my opinion too Hugh that’s $70 on top of what you’d pay for a basic (ie MDR) I wouldn’t pay $70 extra on land

We usually have a meal at a steak restaurant on board, we treat it as a special occasion. We don't drink much or spend in the on board shops so as we enjoy the specialty restaurant meal we don't consider it to be too much. 

Leigh

On 12/9/2019 at 11:47 AM, GUT2407 said:

I think we will go back to fixed, resisted ATD for years, and between using so much space for early trading, club class and allowing reservations any future cruises we will return to late traditional.

A lot depends on the size of the ship. The bigger ships actually have less restaurant space for the number of passengers than the older, smaller ships. We found ATD was brilliant on Sea Princess  a few months ago but it was a nightmare on our recent Ruby Princess cruise, and on the Majestic cruise we did last year. 

On 12/9/2019 at 8:52 PM, GUT2407 said:

The demographics are younger than any Princess cruise we have been on, even taking into account that we are getting older rapidly 

It's a short cruise, just before Christmas, so some people will be taking early holidays. We noticed a similar demographic on the Ruby cruise. There were quite a few families on our cruise, I heard someone mention 400 kids. We didn't notice them much around the ship but did at Mystery Island.

Not much rain, just a few drizzles.

Bit choppy around Bass St and Vic, Captain said 2-3 m seas, windy but the ship cruised very smoothly, didn't feel any motion the whole cruise. 

Very enjoyable cruise for all in our extended family, something for everyone.

As on any cruise some things could be done a little better but really nothing to complain about. Well, maybe just one - their tendering process wasn't so good when we went accross to Port Arthur, first time I've seen tender rage!

Edited by megsie

46 minutes ago, megsie said:

Bit choppy around Bass St and Vic, Captain said 2-3 m seas, windy but the ship cruised very smoothly, didn't feel any motion the whole cruise. 

As on any cruise some things could be done a little better but really nothing to complain about. Well, maybe just one - their tendering process wasn't so good when we went accross to Port Arthur, first time I've seen tender rage!

Good stuff, shame about Port Arthur tendering being a drag.

2 hours ago, megsie said:

Gosh..glad we didn't see that. Got off quite early and also came back once got more busy around Port Arthur. Going over the black card was very helpful. 

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

A strange happening 1:00 am music starts blaring over the PA, at least on our deck. By te time I get the message that pursers desk lines are busy it has stopped.

Same for us. Deck 9. Other half wondered if was someone's idea of a practical joke! I'd thought someone had made mistake with switches. 

3 minutes ago, sagittarius said:

Same for us. Deck 9. Other half wondered if was someone's idea of a practical joke! I'd thought someone had made mistake with switches. 

Yeah I think someone just hit the wrong button, didn’t know if it was just our deck or others too.

Deck 8 had a little jazz music also through the night.

Our little black card didn't get us on the tender any quicker (we were almost at the front of the line anyway). But the suite guests tried to move from back to front of the line only to be told by the officer that there was no priority after 11am. I think if he had let them to the front there may well have been a mutiny! It was an entertaining wait.

The biggest thing for us was that it really bought home that unless something drastic happens I am not sure how many more cruises are in our future, so many vertebrae (and other joints) have no cushioning left between them, and a couple of fractures that will probably never fully heel meant, that even with the wheelchair the pain at times simply reduced me to tears and I could feel grating of bone on bone with every move of the ship.

we have a few more booked and paid for that we will probably have a shot at, and see if things go any better.

One positive was the concern and consideration shown by a few of the crew, the manager of Alfredo’s sought me out a few times to check how I was and the crew at Wake View went out of their way to ensure that a table was accessible and my Diet Coke was deliver to my hand even when I insisted I was fine to come to the bar. Great service all round, and I don’t think I visited the buffet without numerous staff asking if they could help in any way, including carrying my plate etc.

We have NZ booked and paid for net month Mrs Gut wants to cancel, I say up the opiates and give it a go, then we have a cruise to nowhere at Easter paid for including the kids, it’s only three nights so should be able to survive that long, then we will have to consider what to do about Tasmania next year and our Circumnavigation of Aus NZ in 2021. But I will see if the medical men have any suggestions. 

You wouldn’t think the slight sway would hurt as much as it did.

16 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

We have NZ booked and paid for net month Mrs Gut wants to cancel, I say up the opiates and give it a go, then we have a cruise to nowhere at Easter paid for including the kids, it’s only three nights so should be able to survive that long, then we will have to consider what to do about Tasmania next year and our Circumnavigation of Aus NZ in 2021. But I will see if the medical men have any suggestions. 

You wouldn’t think the slight sway would hurt as much as it did.

Is there any way of putting some sort of different cushioning in your wheelchair? Maybe gel pads that could help reduce the effects of any ship motion?

Edited by OzKiwiJJ