If you Don't Think HAL is a bargain today, Think Again

RedneckBob

20 hours ago, tuolumne couple said:

How fun, what a great find! We keep most of our old brochures for memorabilia...same goes with menus, wine lists and the daily planners.Yes, we do have it good, and the good just keeps on getting better. We just got of the Eurodam , and we love all the improvements! Fun to see both the old and the new. Thanks for sharing.

I also keep old menus.  Many of the folks on this cruise critic probably don't know that way back in the late 70's and early 80's HAL would give each passenger all the menus on a 7 day cruise on the last nights dinner in the MDR. Boy have things changed with the variety of selections!

21 hours ago, LocoLoco1 said:

For What It's Worth. March 2020 48-day cruise on KONINGSDAM Florida to Vancouver,CA 'Round So. Amer. $2999/pp plus taxes.

And it should be - over 1/2 that itinerary is “at sea”.  A lot of ports not visited that the smaller ships would go to.  The ship will make it’s money on board, for sure 😉 

(I nearly booked that cruise until I took a hard look at the itinerary).

Interesting in that the Cdn pricing is nearly double that for an inside cabin.  Strange.

6 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

I also keep old menus.  Many of the folks on this cruise critic probably don't know that way back in the late 70's and early 80's HAL would give each passenger all the menus on a 7 day cruise on the last nights dinner in the MDR. Boy have things changed with the variety of selections!

It was also the custom that cruise lines would give everyone a list of their fellow passengers with addresses so one could keep in touch with new friends.

• Like 1