Been in Crown G on the Sky?

h-sar

If so, did you happen to notice if they’re offering the various sauces for the steaks? Saw this for the first time on Regal last year and am hoping they’re doing the same on Sky. Looking forward to the new ship at Christmas and New Yrs 😃

And, yes, having grown up with Alberta beef, I know many consider it sacrilege to desecrate a good steak with sauce, but, hey, I’m a smother it kinda gal 😁.

Edited by h-sar

2 hours ago, h-sar said:

If so, did you happen to notice if they’re offering the various sauces for the steaks? Saw this for the first time on Regal last year and am hoping they’re doing the same on Sky. Looking forward to the new ship at Christmas and New Yrs 😃

And, yes, having grown up with Alberta beef, I know many consider it sacrilege to desecrate a good steak with sauce, but, hey, I’m a smother it kinda gal 😁.

It is not sacrilege if that is how you like to eat it.  I like steak sauce too.

Unless you ask for a lot, the sauce is not all that much on the plate.  You can also ask to have without (my wife does that).  I also cannot abide not having the Applewood Smoked Salt.  Funny story - I decided to order the CG steak in the MDR for the $19 add-on last month and asked my waiter to be sure they include some Applewood Smoked Salt.  He brought my steak and a dish of applesauce!!  Yikes!  (It was corrected - he had never heard of the salt).

Edited by steelers36
  • Haha 2

Just ate there this past week.  My father asked about the sauces and they offered Peppercorn or Bernaise and brought it on the side.  They still have all the salts.  

All steaks now come with one shallot and bone marrow crushed potato. 

Nice new dessert menu.

• Like 2

Thanks, all. Good to hear they haven’t done away with the sauces. Last year, ate half my steak with the bernaise and half with the peppercorn! Both were equally good. Stoneharborlady, I will stop making apologies for my sauce loving ways and proudly ask for a bit of both in two weeks 👍🏼😁

• Like 1