Infinity-Penthouse - Had a break from cruising

JEDIKNIGHT

Greetings and salutations all......

There was a time I was a yearly cruiser, had some lovely experiences on Celebrity  and the amazing Penthouses.  Then I felt the experience was being watered down - and the combination of higher fares coupled with cuts made a once great thing "good".   So I took a few years off cruising and just did other vacations.  Anyhow, Starting to have the urge to see the sea from the ship yet again so I thought I would check in with the experts here.....

In general, how are things Celebrity these days....especially food, service, and the entertainment shows?

More specific....curious if anyone has been on Infinity recently, and especially the Penthouse in Infinity.  How are things on Infinity these days and how was Butler service in the PH?  (3 years ago when I cruised the Butler was more interested in telling me what he couldn't do.  ).  

Any observations or experiences I would really appreciate. Thanks

1 hour ago, JEDIKNIGHT said:

Greetings and salutations all......

There was a time I was a yearly cruiser, had some lovely experiences on Celebrity  and the amazing Penthouses.  Then I felt the experience was being watered down - and the combination of higher fares coupled with cuts made a once great thing "good".   So I took a few years off cruising and just did other vacations.  Anyhow, Starting to have the urge to see the sea from the ship yet again so I thought I would check in with the experts here.....

In general, how are things Celebrity these days....especially food, service, and the entertainment shows?

More specific....curious if anyone has been on Infinity recently, and especially the Penthouse in Infinity.  How are things on Infinity these days and how was Butler service in the PH?  (3 years ago when I cruised the Butler was more interested in telling me what he couldn't do.  ).  

Any observations or experiences I would really appreciate. Thanks

The M class ships are all going through the Revolution process. I am fairly sure Infinity has yet to be done. Check the dates of your cruise against the Revolution programme. If it will be updated before you cruise research some pictures of the Summit or Millie PH to see the new decor. Michael’s on these ships is now the ‘Retreat Lounge’ and there is a suite deck.

We have cruised quite a few PH on both M and S class and lots of RS. It sounds like you had a really poor butler...Very surprised, even in a RS we expect (and invariably get) great service. There is now a new role on Celebrity, the suite manager who is responsible for the full suite experience, over both butlers and concierge staff.

A real negative for us on M class is the loss of Murano’s equivalents (Olympic, Ocean Liners...). Much as we love the M PH our next PH cruise is on Silhouette where our included speciality restaurants are Murano’s, Tuscan, LPC, Lawn Grill, Porch, Sushi on 5. On Infinity your choices are Tuscan, LPC and Sushi on 5...If you are not familiar with LPC (Le petit chef) it is a set menu which is animated and worth a visit but most find it a once and done...As dining is a big part of our cruising pleasure it would take an exceptional itinerary to entice us back. 

Obviously both S and M class have Luminae for suite guests. The menu has not changed much... many are happy about that. We find the choices limited and that vegetables are seen as a garnish...Hence the importance of the speciality restaurants to us.

Edited by chemmo

We were on Infinity in PH last month (Panama canal transit). Not revolutionized yet. Butler, suite attendant and Michael's club concierge were all fabulous. Loved the room, the deck and layout. Booked another M class penthouse for Carribean before the ship is changed, just so I can have that fabulous suite and deck. I prefer the M class PH to the S class because of that deck alone. The butler's kitchen area doesn't hurt either.

We do find the specialty restaurants limited on M class....but are most of the time quite content with Luminae. I frequently ask for "extra green vegetables" and specify lightly steamed of sautéed and have no problem adding it to the entree. Sometimes I just want an extra plain salad and if I ask, they make it happen. Our Luminae waiters have always been ready to please and if they were not, I would ask the maitre d' to change our table area to another waiter! But this has never happened in multiple cruises on both S and M class ships.

We have cruised other lines, but Celebrity seems to fit us best at this time in our lives.

We have been in the PH on Infinity several times and have ALWAYS had excellent service from the butlers.  When not in PH but in RS we have also never had any issues with the butlers or attendants.  The PH is always our first choice, especially on the M class.  Not so much on the S Class, the RS does just fine.