Getaway - Can't make reservations at some restaurants?

misslab

I apologize if this has already been answered somewhere, I couldn't figure out how to search topics.

We sail on Getaway in 49 days.  I was able to make a reservation online for Moderno, but Cagney's and Ocean Blue say "not available to book".  Will we be able to book before we sail?  I am confused why some restaurants take reservations and some don't.  Thanks for any insight!

You are a little late for online booking it opens up much earlier with a limited number of slots, those restaurants must have all been taken.  You will have to book once onboard, there are more slots saved for after boarding.

The easiest way is with the NCL app once you get onboard, connect to the wifi and book.  Otherwise you have to line up at reservation desk or use one of the touchscreens around the ship.  

12 minutes ago, misslab said:

I apologize if this has already been answered somewhere, I couldn't figure out how to search topics.

We sail on Getaway in 49 days.  I was able to make a reservation online for Moderno, but Cagney's and Ocean Blue say "not available to book".  Will we be able to book before we sail?  I am confused why some restaurants take reservations and some don't.  Thanks for any insight!

I am on this same cruise. I went online to MyNCL account reservation as soon as we passed the 120 day final payment date. At that time I was able to make reservations at both Cagney's and Ocean Blue, so lucked out. Some of my friends that are also booked on this cruise waited until a couple of weeks ago to try to make those reservations and they could still reserve at Cagney's but not Ocean Blue. Would recommend making those reservations as soon as you board the ship. And as OP stated, you can use the Cruise Norwegian app to do this. Also, most of the time there are NCL staff available as you step onto the ship that are assisting guests to make those dinner reservations, so you might be able to take advantage of that. 

Good luck. Looking forward to the Getaway! 

1 hour ago, misslab said:

You waited too long and the restaurants are sold out. 

Go to Headliners as soon as you board to make reservations. Prom time dining will sell out quickly on embarkation day. 

Just adding to this topic. 

We are cruising in late March, and yesterday I tried to make restaurant reservations for all seven evenings on the NCL App. Only one was available.

I phoned the call line, and the consultant was extremely pleasant and helpful. I only tried to make our speciality restaurant reservations with her and she was able to confirm one - but at a slightly earlier time. Other availabilities were early or late dining times. She did ask how I had tried to make the reservations, and said that I might find using the website better than the App, and said that only 40% of reservation times were initially released. 

Today I tried again to make reservations via the website and was able to book every evening at the times we wanted. 

So it may be that it is better to make reservations via the website rather than the App, or that reservations are made available on an ongoing basis and I just got lucky with the timing?