Two Ships at Harvest Caye?

Paul Bogle

I have noticed that for some time now NCL and affiliate lines have scheduled two ships to share the same day at Harvest Caye. Since there is space for only one ship to dock I assume the other ship must be tendering. Has anyone been on one of these visits? If so, on your day which ship got the pier and which tendered? Does the ship that tenders drop passengers off at the ferry pier on the island or at the main pier where the other ship is tied up?

If tenders drop people off at the ferry pier on the island that saves quite a bit of walking making it not such a bad trade off.

Edit: Sorry I had posted that both the Escape and Breakaway were scheduled there on 1/28/20. After looking through a roll call I found out the Escape itinerary was changed in September and they will now be there on the 29th. 

Edited by Cccc89

I was on the Dawn last month and the Getaway was at Harvest Caye on the same day as us. I assume they got to dock due to being the larger ship. There were dedicated ferry ships for tendering, not the life boats like at other ports where you need to tender which makes things a little more comfortable. We also got dropped off at the ferry pier so didn't have to do the long walk. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paul Bogle said:

I see Escape and Pearl on December 30.

Breakaway and Oceania Marina on January 18

and Escape and Oceania Sirena on January 29 as the next three times coming up.

This has been happening occasionally for a while now.

I'm on this Breakaway sailing.  I see that we get in first (7:00 vs 8:00).  I hope that means we get to dock

Oceania Marina only carries about 1250 passengers so it makes more sense that in will tender. On the other hand the Marina is a luxury ship and its fewer passengers are paying a lot more money so who knows. I'm not sure arrival time is relevant as to which ship gets the dock. It's possible the first ship arriving will dock, unload passengers then move away to anchor, freeing the pier for the later ship. This has happened in Roatan before.

Cruise port tt is an excellent source for information on ships and people in each port.
              I do believe we’re in port at harvest Kay with one other ship this February. Looking forward to seeing how all works out.
                 Place looks gorgeous.

We’ll tender in if we have to.
Oceana and Holland America always get the closest parking spots in port.

Good to know for future older age as body parts are starting to go.....

Edited by cementhands