Cabin recommendations for Circle Hawaii itinerary on Eurodam

SLois

We are thinking about booking the Eurodam for Hawaii under the current promotion.  Do you have any recommendations for choosing a comfortable and budget-friendly cabin?  Is the extra price for a balcony worthwhile for an itinerary with 10 sea days?  On Zuiderdam earlier this year we enjoyed a partially-obstructed outside cabin on Upper Promenade deck with full-length windows, laid out In the same configuration as a balcony cabin.  Does Eurodam have similar cabins?

Thanks in advance,

Sandy

These are very personal questions about what is "worth it" that only you will be able to answer, but I will offer some thoughts.  There are rooms on the Upper Promenade deck that are fully and partially obstructed ocean view rooms - G, H and HH categories, that have floor to ceiling windows.   There are photos of these rooms (as well as most other types of rooms) on the website with CCers contributions call HAL facts - google that to find the site.  

The ship has some obstructed balcony rooms also which might be a good compromise for you to consider too.  .  

If sitting on a balcony is what you'd be wanting, then an obstructed OV will not fit the bill.  I have had only a few balcony rooms but they have been for sitting out and enjoying the ambiance of the sea, so being on a cruise with many sea days was perfect for those for me, not a deterrent.  

Have a look at the photos for Eurodam and also for Nieuw Amsterdam (sister ship) and come back with your questions and we will do what we can to help you.  m--  

We've done this cruise and I do enjoy a balcony  though it is not a must-have.  But if you opt for one, I can recommend on of the cabins with the double-wide balcony on deck 4.  We've had those several times.  On the Eurodam, I believe it is 4266 and 4168, just check the deck plan.  No more expensive than the other balcony cabins in that area.

6 hours ago, T8NCruise said:

We've done this cruise and I do enjoy a balcony  though it is not a must-have.  But if you opt for one, I can recommend on of the cabins with the double-wide balcony on deck 4.  We've had those several times.  On the Eurodam, I believe it is 4266 and 4168, just check the deck plan.  No more expensive than the other balcony cabins in that area.

Sorry just re-read my post, and that should be cabins 4166 and 4168

16 hours ago, SLois said:

We are thinking about booking the Eurodam for Hawaii under the current promotion.  Do you have any recommendations for choosing a comfortable and budget-friendly cabin?  Is the extra price for a balcony worthwhile for an itinerary with 10 sea days?  On Zuiderdam earlier this year we enjoyed a partially-obstructed outside cabin on Upper Promenade deck with full-length windows, laid out In the same configuration as a balcony cabin.  Does Eurodam have similar cabins?

Thanks in advance,

Sandy

Sandy - Another idea is to compare pricing for a less expensive non-verandah cabin combined with a Retreat Cabana for the entire cruise.  However, you'd want to call Ship Services first to make sure there are Retreat Cabanas still left to reserve on your sailing if this idea appeals to you.  They can also confirm the current pricing for the Retreat Cabanas for your cruise.  Then once you book the cruise and have your Booking Number, you can call Ship Services back to book the Retreat Cabana.  We've found that when we have a Retreat Cabana, we never use our verandah.

This will be or third on Eurodams Hawaii sailing.  We have always had a balcony and truly enjoy it on sea days!  Coffee in your pjs watching the sun rise, looking for whales, sun bathing.

I have brought the same book for these sailings and I have only ever read the first four chapters.  Every sailing I have to start over cause I forget what happened lol.  good value on the book however.....

Thanks for all of your input!  A special thank you to ski ww for posting pictures.  We just booked a category G outside cabin, similar to our Zuiderdam cabin, and will consider looking into the availability of a retreat cabana.  

Sandy

• Like 1