other types of vacation besides cruising

celbercrz333

I agree, *what* other types of vacations?

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

We have kids so we do the whole theme park thing. However right now my kids prefer to cruise in place of any other type of vacation. Crazy kids icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

No longer cruiseless...donations still accepted! Miracle 2/2005

Last cruise

Sensation 2/17/03

I didn't think there were any other types of vacations. Are you sure about that? Maybe you only call them vacations. They must just be some sort of consolation if for some reason you can't go on a cruise.

Laua

Last month, we combined the best of all worlds - a week in Ft. Lauderdale pre-cruise, 8 days cruising on the Legend, another week in Ft. Lauderdale golfing, and one more week working our way up the east coast on our way home. Now that's a vacation! The only thing we missed this time was The Mouse, but we'll catch up with Mickey in July. icon_wink.gif

Beth

I think if we did anything outside of cruising, it would be an all-inclusive resort of some kind. I'd like to try that, since I've heard good things about a few.

Lisa icon_smile.gif

Monarch of the Seas - 1994

Royal Majesty - 1996

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until VICTORY is ours

Seldom do we venture from cruising. When we do, we like to spend a vacation in Hawaii (3 times) and Disney World (a few times). Hawaii is a great alternative.

Check out our pictures: http://community.webshots.com/user/natron24

Premier Royale 7/87

Sovereign of the Seas 11/90

Enchanted Seas 4/91

Ecstasy 11/91

Celebration 6/92

Crown Princess 11/92

Enchanted Seas 12/92

Tropicale 6/93

Crown Princess 11/93

Enchanted Seas 12/93

Celebration 6/94

Regal Princess 10/94

Enchanted Seas 12/94

Tropicale 4/95

Regal Princess 10/95

Enchanted Isle 5/96

Enchanted Isle 8/96

Crown Princess 10/96

Nieuw Amsterdam 4/97

Enchanted Isle 9/97

Celebration 10/97

Enchanted Isle 4/98

Norwegian Star 7/98

Celebration 11/98

Enchanted Isle 12/98

Norwegian Sea 5/99

Enchanted Isle 11/99

Enchanted Isle 5/00

Destiny 11/00

Inspiration 5/01

Celebrity Century 11/01

Explorer of the Seas 11/02

Carnival Conquest 5/03

Rhapsody of the Seas 11/03

Carnival Conquest 5/04

Sun Princess 11/04

Fishes_kiss.gif

Last month I did a solo, two week road trip. I followed Route 66 from Amarillo TX to the Grand Canyon, stopping at places like Albuquerque, Petrified Forest National Park, Winslow AZ, and some other small Route 66 towns.

I spent a couple of days at the Grand Canyon and Sedona, then toured the Hoover Dam and spent a couple more days in Vegas. From there I picked up Route 66 again in Barstow CA and followed it down to the Santa Monica pier.

Then on to San Diego for the zoo and Balboa Park; in Tucson I visited the Desert Museum in Saguaro National Park; and then spent some time in Tombstone, AZ. Finally back to Midland.

It was a lot of driving in total miles but when spread out over a couple of weeks not bad at all, but I like driving and it's something I've always wanted to do. Some of these places are literally breathtaking. It gave me a great appreciation of how diverse and beautiful this country is.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;09;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Elation!

While cruising is (of course) my favorite vacation, I have had many memorable ones and would especially recommend some of the all-inclusive resorts in Mexico, Costa Rica or other Caribbean destinations.

My friends and I particularly like the "flavor" of Mexico and do at least an annual all-inclusive on the Mayan Rivera or the Mexican Riveria.

But for overall fun and value, cruises have it hands down.

Big Red Boat 6/1989

RCCL Song of America 2/1991

Regent Rainbow 1/1992

NCL Seaward 5/1993

Carnival Fantasy 7/1993

Carnival Ecstasy 6/1994

RCCL Nordic Empress 4/1995, 7/1996, 8/1997

NCL Leeward 4/1997

RCCL Sovereign 5/1998

RCCL Nordic Empress 8/2000

RCCL Majesty 6/2003

Carnival Sensation 7/03

Glory 7/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;05;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

`Triumph 5/29

I was just thinking the other day how cool it would be to go coast to coast (or in our case, from Michigan to California) and take 2-3 weeks to do it. Quite an experience, and one that our 5-yr. old would not soon forget!

Sounds wonderful!!

Lisa icon_smile.gif

Monarch of the Seas - 1994

Royal Majesty - 1996

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until VICTORY is ours

We try to get to Vegas for a long weekend each year. Also, we have a 15 year old daughter who plays travel fastpitch softball, so we get to spend a week in July at the nationals, last year was Va, this year will be NC, and since we are at tournaments every weekend from May thru July, we try to make each one a mini vacation.

Staci

Destiny 1999

Fantasy 1999

Sensation 2001

Pride 2002 (Kirbi and the cruisers)

Legend 2003 (Kirbi and the cruisers)

Glory 2004 (Kirbi and the cruisers)

yankeeslogolarge.gif

In June, for the fourth consecutive year, I will be spending a week on the beaches of Tulum, Mexico, living in a little palapa covered cabana about ten feet from the sea. No electricity, sand floor, community plumbing.

Just laying on the beach or in my hammock, feeling the strong Caribbean breeze, reading a good Michener book, sipping cerveza! Pure heaven! Just what I need after a year of teaching 180 ninth graders! I go solo 'cause my bride doesn't like Mexico, plus, this gives her a week of down time by herself. She's a teacher, too.

Then, two days after I get back this year, we will board the Celebration to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary!

Carnival Carnivale -1988

Carnival Celebration - 2001

Carnival Celebration -June 2004

Although, I would rather cruise any day. We have enjoyed vacation times in Cancun twice. Once at an all inclusive resort that we were not registered to stay at,which was really cool. When we went to the resort we were suppose to be staying at, they were over booked. So they gave us an all inclusive bracelet for that resort and the resort they sent us to. So we were able use both resorts all inclusive restaurants and activities. That was wonderful and fun. The second time we went with friends, and they did not want to do all inclusive. You just can't beat the deal of cruising "all inclusive".

Heading for my Destiny

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;6;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Just got back from 7 days in Disney World in February- (Boy did I miss a vacation on a cruise that week)

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

I travel every chance I get. From car to plane to cruise ship. Lots of fun to be had EVERYWHERE!

Valor 10/05 Miracle 2/13/05

Sensation 10/04

Conquest May 2003

Holiday Sept 2002

Inspiration 2001

Celebration 2000

Crown Princess 1999

Oceanic (Big Red Boat) 1998

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

shepirate1.jpg

valorvampires.gif

If we are not CRUISING we are taking an all inclusive resort in Mexico or we are in Hawaii. We love Hawaii. Next I want to go to Bora Bora for 10 days.

Cunard

Norwegian Wind 3/01

Royal Caribbean Monarch Of The Seas 11/02

Star Princess 4/03

Sun Princess 2/04

Carnival Conquest 6/13/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nosnobunny:

Last month, we combined the best of all worlds - a week in Ft. Lauderdale pre-cruise, 8 days cruising on the Legend, another week in Ft. Lauderdale golfing, and one more week working our way up the east coast on our way home. Now that's a vacation! The only thing we missed this time was The Mouse, but we'll catch up with Mickey in July. icon_wink.gif

Beth<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow!!! The vacation time you must have had accumulated---blows the mind-! icon_eek.gif Or possibly you're retired? In any case~~lucky you!

Penny

Disney Magic~~Eastern 7/03

Carnival Celebration~~Western 3/04

Aug 1, 2004 Carnival Elation--Yippee, Our 3rd Cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Let's see, I do liveaboard dive boats (wait, that's a type of cruise, isn't it?), dedicated dive resorts, group dive trips. Hmm, seem to have a theme going here. At least it's all ocean related!

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

We took a trip last summer to California. Went out on Amtrak to Los Angeles, then back from San Fransciso. Rented a car out there and did some traveling. My ABSOLUTE favorite was the 3 days we spent in the Carmel/Monteray area. The most beautiful place I think I've ever been. Next summer we are going again. Not on the train though...it's WONDERFUL, but a little time consuming.

No not retired - yet. icon_wink.gif I've worked for the government for a loooooong time and get a total of 7 1/2 weeks a year. That's combined vacation and flex time. I rarely take more than a week in the summer and save it all for when the cold winter winds blow. Then I'm outta here. icon_biggrin.gif

Beth

I do not have the vacation time that some have; however, we try to cruise every couple of years. In between we camp once a month for 4-7 days and take a one week land vacation with the kids. This year I saved from last year -- 2 weeks in Hawaii in Feb., plus we will do 1 week in Destin with the kids in June and 1 week Elation cruise for Christmas. We think it gives the kids--and us--great experiences all around. Next year--Hawaii and East Coast???

NCL Sea - 10/00

CCL Inspiration - 11/01

12/19/04 Elation cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;12;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Every year, the Friday after Labor Day ,we head to Virginia Beach for alomst a week. We live in a summer tourist town,so by then we're pooped! And the beach is so great-the ordinary toursits have gone home,cause their kids need to be back in school,he ocean's still warm enuf to swim --and off season rates !!!!

Carnival Destiny 4/00

Carnival Victory 4/02

Carnival Legend 5/7/04

till our next cruise on the Legend

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;7;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived