current Air carriers used in O air

Hawaiidan

On 12/17/2019 at 2:01 PM, PaulMCO said:

We are flying in Polaris to Egypt next week via AMS for 75K -- there are still deals out there but you have to keep looking and looking...

Hope you may be getting the newer seating.  UA does the sneaky fake-out by calling business class "Polaris", even though the newer "real Polaris" seating is far from being fleetwide.  They even call their four-in-the-middle business Polaris.

4 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Hope you may be getting the newer seating.  UA does the sneaky fake-out by calling business class "Polaris", even though the newer "real Polaris" seating is far from being fleetwide.  They even call their four-in-the-middle business Polaris.

As it turns out it was ex-Con configuration which was OK in the x1 in center aisle.. Better than the UA Coffins class.  The since we had a layover at EWR the Polaris lounge is certainly better than the overcrowded United Clubs.

Edited by PaulMCO

13 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

I am glad you enjoyed it.....however ,I would  very strongly encourage anyone considering Norwegian air  to take a good long look at their reviews...... before making a decision..  they are , to me very worry some. 

In fact if your ever considering Prem Economy do a LOT of research as there is NO standard.   ....

True about there being zero standard for premium economy. It's whatever the airlines say it is.

That said, there's no standard for any upsell category anymore. 'First' class domestic on a US airline looks nothing like like First on Emirates/Qatar/Singapore.

Many of the reviews on Norwegian aren't great, but most of the unhappiness comes from Cattle Class in the back.

The Premium product is by no means modern business class (it's 2-3-2 across a 787) but we're happy to pay for a wider seat that reclines and pocket the difference. It costs about a third of our next cheapest option (TAP, which is business-class-minus IMO).  

If at some point we get burned, we'll certainly reconsider. 

2 hours ago, Shawnino said:

True about there being zero standard for premium economy. It's whatever the airlines say it is.

That said, there's no standard for any upsell category anymore. 'First' class domestic on a US airline looks nothing like like First on Emirates/Qatar/Singapore.

Many of the reviews on Norwegian aren't great, but most of the unhappiness comes from Cattle Class in the back.

The Premium product is by no means modern business class (it's 2-3-2 across a 787) but we're happy to pay for a wider seat that reclines and pocket the difference. It costs about a third of our next cheapest option (TAP, which is business-class-minus IMO).  

If at some point we get burned, we'll certainly reconsider. 

Domestic "first class"  is and has been a joke...whereas, international first and business are night and day different, seats, meals,lounges.       Prem econ  is on all but Delta, 2-4-2. seating      No way am I going to pay  2/3rds of Business to sit in a center row of 4 with 5 inches of recline and 3 more inches of leg space and crummy bicycle peg foot rests.........     Yes you can save from business fares   but the fare difference, to me is not worth the savings.      There is a drastic difference in comfort on a 11-14 hour flight between PE and Business..     To me arriving, well fed, no baggage restrictions, and a full 8 hour of sleep  to start the day in wherever I am going, is well worth. it     As opposed to spending the first 2 or 3 days getting over the flight.      Cost is relative to benefit.   You can always get more money ...you can not get more or replace time.