Single supplement promotion

Azulann

Got a email  from Viking today , good till Dec 31.

They are listing  four cruises and one of them  have a statement :* ask  about the single supplement. 

Has anyone  done this type of promotion? What was the  % for the single supplement over the per person  price?

I do not want to call Viking yet ,so asking here.

Thank you.

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 1

For our TA last year, the promo for the single supplement was 150% along with any others promos offered.  For my mother in law, that meant she paid only 1.5 times the special promo cost-DV at a V cost and free air!  We have only seen this offered close in to departure date.  In our case it was in December 2018 for a March 2019 cruise. 

15 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

For our TA last year, the promo for the single supplement was 150% along with any others promos offered.  For my mother in law, that meant she paid only 1.5 times the special promo cost-DV at a V cost and free air!  We have only seen this offered close in to departure date.  In our case it was in December 2018 for a March 2019 cruise. 

Thanks Clay , for the information.

150% is in my realm of possibility for booking with a single supplement. 

2 hours ago, Azulann said:

Thanks Clay , for the information.

150% is in my realm of possibility for booking with a single supplement. 

Yes she said it was worth it in order to go. I wonder if you call Viking directly on a cruise that is getting close to being full if they might offer it.  Hope you’re doing well. 

Lois (Mike’s Mom) has the same issue! 😢

We hope to do a RC (we overspent last year with the unplanned Viking cruise in China) Transatlantic in March but haven’t booked yet as we have a good friend who has been fighting cancer for 10 years but just stopped chemo and we want to be around until he isn’t.  So if he rallies then we may not go to Europe this spring. 

Thanks for following along on the blog...sorry I’m months behind, hope to catch up after the holidays!

MerryMerry 🎄 🕎 

On 12/17/2019 at 11:15 AM, Azulann said:

Clay, I am doing well.

But it is getting more difficult to find a friend to share a curise for various health or family  reasons.

When is your next cruise? I love reading your blogs. 

Azulann.....I sometimes cruise solo when She Who Must Be Obeyed doesn't want to go but the itinerary is appealing to me.  While certainly not as all-inclusive as Viking, I just recently booked a cruise with P&O.  They have a limited number of single balconies and insides, but I wan't fast enough to snag one of those.  The U.S. travel company that I used got me a nice cabin for a 59% single supplement - basic single fare plus 59%.  It's on an adults only ship (no feral children running loose) and tips are included in the fare.

It might be worth looking into.