Sky Princess Cruisers who sailed Dec. 4th and Dec 7th 2019

Orangefan

Hello to all of you. I enjoyed interacting with you prior to the cruises on CC, meeting you on the Sky and attending the M& G. What a friendly, caring group ! While I already knew people prior to the cruises, I loved adding new people  I now consider friends. What was so unusual was the willingness of all to share knowledge and news. We were all looking for price drops  and those who noticed it first posted for all to take advantage of.

No matter where I went I found friendly people. Whether I met you at zumba, line dancing, or dancing at night to the live band. I loved stopping by and talking to you and sharing a meal. I miss seeing you daily.I hope our paths will cross again. If you see me posting on CC, chime in on that roll call and tell me about your future cruises.

While we experienced a few negatives along the way but the positives far outweighed any negatives. I wished Princess had let us know they made the Wakeview bar area into private area for Cruise Planners at sail away. Then Dec.4th roll call had no place to meet and no more days to meet.

Since I returned home, we have had snow, wind and cold with more to come.Besides going to the Y daily, shoveling snow is helping me burn more calories of the few pounds I gained on the cruise.

Sali

• Like 6

Hi, Sali

We enjoyed meeting you on the 3-day. I'll try to get Linda in on the line dancing next time. We loved the short cruise (carry-ons only) and booked the 4-day for 11/04/20. That's the day following the election. This is another cruise that's gonna be a tough sell. There's huge areas of unsold rooms. They just lowered prices and added it to the Getaway Sale. I've already re-fared!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Orangefan said:

Hello to all of you. I enjoyed interacting with you prior to the cruises on CC, meeting you on the Sky and attending the M& G. What a friendly, caring group ! While I already knew people prior to the cruises, I loved adding new people  I now consider friends. What was so unusual was the willingness of all to share knowledge and news. We were all looking for price drops  and those who noticed it first posted for all to take advantage of.

No matter where I went I found friendly people. Whether I met you at zumba, line dancing, or dancing at night to the live band. I loved stopping by and talking to you and sharing a meal. I miss seeing you daily.I hope our paths will cross again. If you see me posting on CC, chime in on that roll call and tell me about your future cruises.

While we experienced a few negatives along the way but the positives far outweighed any negatives. I wished Princess had let us know they made the Wakeview bar area into private area for Cruise Planners at sail away. Then Dec.4th roll call had no place to meet and no more days to meet.

Since I returned home, we have had snow, wind and cold with more to come.Besides going to the Y daily, shoveling snow is helping me burn more calories of the few pounds I gained on the cruise.

Sali

We enjoyed meeting up with everyone as well. Especially enjoyed the M&G on the 8th, Captain Tuvu is a hoot. We ran into him multiple times over the week, and he was great every time. Even caught him busing tables in the piazza prior to his coffee with the captain

Safe travels to all in your future cruising. It'll unfortunately be another couple years before we get to head out again 😞

• Like 1

Hi Sali! 

we didn’t get to meet (at least that I’m aware of).  We had all kinds of crazy stuff going on while on board. But I share your feelings on all from the roll call. 😁

Our family is about to head to the Canadian Rockies. Talk about a swing in temperature!!! 

Our daughter reminded us this morning that it’s almost time for us to go to Copenhagen to sail on Sky again. It is almost 2020 after all. 😂😂

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season. 

Edited by phred119s
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, phred119s said:

Hi Sali! 

we didn’t get to meet (at least that I’m aware of).  We had all kinds of crazy stuff going on while on board. But I share your feelings on all from the roll call. 😁

Our family is about to head to the Canadian Rockies. Talk about a swing in temperature!!! 

Our daughter reminded us this morning that it’s almost time for us to go to Copenhagen to sail on Sky again. It is almost 2020 after all. 😂😂

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season. 

You will enjoy the Canadian Rockies. I loved it out there.  I don't need to go to cold climate I am already there. This morning it was 8 degrees  with - 2 degrees windchill.  I have had  much lower temps but still a big drop from the Carib.

Glad you will be on the Sky again. I want to head back also before my Nov. 5 2020  10 day repo cruise out of NYC to the Carib. on the Sky.

What date are you going to Copenhagen ?

Enjoy the holidays !

Sali

20 minutes ago, Orangefan said:

You will enjoy the Canadian Rockies. I loved it out there.  I don't need to go to cold climate I am already there. This morning it was 8 degrees  with - 2 degrees windchill.  I have had  much lower temps but still a big drop from the Carib.

Glad you will be on the Sky again. I want to head back also before my Nov. 5 2020  10 day repo cruise out of NYC to the Carib. on the Sky.

What date are you going to Copenhagen ?

Enjoy the holidays !

Sali

It was in the 20s here this morning. We go to Alberta every year around the holidays. 

We are headed back on the Sky in June.  Our original plan was to do Canada and New England around the time you’re going,  but it didn’t work out with other schedules we were working with so Europe here we come!

Hi Folks,

Sorry that Gail & I did not get to meet any of you. All in all we had a great time, and, she is a beautiful ship. I've already used the FCD's I bought while onboard her.

I like that 11/4 cruise you mentioned john_galt, unfortunately I have one booked in October.  

I'm looking forward to meeting all of on a future cruise.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, voljeep said:

we looked at the 11/4, but ended up booking the 11/25 - SKY - 5 days - western - "Getaway sale" and added BEST2DG ...

Odd that cruise Y039 doesn't show up in the list of BEST2DG. Still, If I can snag that, I'm in!

I've been using this as a reference of cruises that can do the BESTXX deals.

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/sales_marketing/PC_BestSaleEver2020OSVoyageList.pdf but I think I need to look at the Promo Code attached to the cruise. No wonder I'm not a TA!

I'll get shareholders credit, no FCD's, but, with Drunks & Grat's, what are we going to spend $$$ on?

Edited by CruiseVA

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:52 PM, Orangefan said:

Sali

Hi Sali, welcome back home. I read about your delay getting back home after the cruise, what a hassle! I hope Princess doesn't close the Wake View Bar area on our Sky Princess cruise for Feb. 8th. As you know we are planning our sail away gathering there after muster drill and that would be bad timing. Please hop on over to our roll call and tell us anything you enjoyed on the Sky. Stay warm in Syracuse.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

I just saw this  article about flooding at the FLL airport today ( Dec. 23.)  Glad I didn't have that experience . My 14 + hour return  to Syracuse was bad enough.

Sali

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/storms-causing-travel-headaches-both-coasts-ahead-christmas-115600996--abc-news-topstories.html?err=404&err_url=https%3a%2f%2fsports.yahoo.com%2fnews%2fyogi-berra-funeral-televised-yankees-tv-network-111329296--spt.html