NCL PAYMENT QUERY

Nextholiday?

Has anyone made contact after the cruise with query about the bill?

One payment matches the final bill on board  No idea about the other payment of 193. Trying to find out 

Rang up NCL UK and they say have to fill in contact us form on line which can’t get up plus could take up 28 days!!! All I want know is what it’s for 😞

Any NCL experts have advice ? Thanks 

1 minute ago, KeithJenner said:

Are you sure it is an actual charge and not just an authorisation?

Hi

i don’t understand what you mean sorry 

The charge went on 13 December 

Then our final bill amount went on 14 December the day we got off

2 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Are you sure it is an actual charge and not just an authorisation?

During the cruise NCL will make authorisation charges against your credit card. On completion they will charge the final amount, and the authorisations may still be showing for a while.

Ate the charges you are seeing still showing as pending (or however your credit card company displays is), or are they actual charges?

If one is still pending then it is probably just an authorisation, and will likely disappear soon.

29 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

During the cruise NCL will make authorisation charges against your credit card. On completion they will charge the final amount, and the authorisations may still be showing for a while.

Ate the charges you are seeing still showing as pending (or however your credit card company displays is), or are they actual charges?

If one is still pending then it is probably just an authorisation, and will likely disappear soon.

Hello

Thank you for explaining 🙂 

i will ring visa again but would they do authorisation day before get off rather than start cruise?

Thanks for your help again 

10 minutes ago, Nextholiday? said:

Hello

i will ring visa again but would they do authorisation day before get off rather than start cruise?

Possibly.

One if the problems with these authorisations is that they can show up very differently dependant on a number of factors.

My guess (and it is only a guess?) is that the amount authorised was increased on that day so the date shows as then. Had you checked your account during the cruise you may have seen a lower amount with an earlier date.

However, it is probably a completely different reason.

Edited by KeithJenner

16 minutes ago, Nextholiday? said:

Hello

It could. They usually authorize a set amount at the beginning of cruise. As you begin spending they will do additional authorizations to insure that there is a sufficient credit limit available for you to continue to spend. So yes, additional authorizations in varying amounts can show up at any point during the cruise.

43 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Possibly.

One if the problems with these authorisations is that they can show up very differently dependant on a number of factors.

My guess (and it is only a guess?) is that the amount authorised was increased on that day so the date shows as then. Had you checked your account during the cruise you may have seen a lower amount with an earlier date.

However, it is probably a completely different reason.

36 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

It could. They usually authorize a set amount at the beginning of cruise. As you begin spending they will do additional authorizations to insure that there is a sufficient credit limit available for you to continue to spend. So yes, additional authorizations in varying amounts can show up at any point during the cruise.

Thank you 😊 

just tried ringing visa and shut 🤣 

will try tomorrow 

thanks again

think wrong of NCL that cannot speak to them after the cruise