Pearl MDR?

gatorchinsky

We will be on the Pearl 3 nighter in January and was wondering if men needed to wear long pants in either of the MDRs?  We won’t be doing any specialty dining because we just booked an inside cabin.  Is it true that there are no Platinum dinners on 3 night cruises?  It’s not a big deal if there are not because we were surprised we moved up to Platinum after our Thanksgiving cruise.

The Pearl has two MDRs one mid ship and one aft - the aft one is more formal than the mid-ship one but as far as I know neither allow shorts. I have seen people refused seating because their kids were in shorts. When we first started cruising you needed to have slacks (no jeans) and a collared shirt. Lately they have been allowing nice jeans but still no shorts.

8 hours ago, lizord said:

When we were on the Gem we wore shorts in the mid dining room, no issues. Ncl's website and daily papers confirm this. Not sure what bonvoyagie mentioned because shorts are definitely allowed in the mid dining room.

Thanks!  We have only been on the mega ships and they allow shorts in the smaller MDRs but I wanted to make sure.

18 minutes ago, bonvoyagie said:

I was last on the Pearl in 2012 and the Dawn in 2016. 

I don't know what the rules were 8 and nearly 4 years ago but if you look at the NCL site and any freestyle dailies distributed in the past 3 years you'll see that shorts are allowed in the mid MDR.

6 hours ago, gatorchinsky said:

Thanks!  We have only been on the mega ships and they allow shorts in the smaller MDRs but I wanted to make sure.

I believe on the Pearl the MDR is called Indigo that most definitely allows shorts. The other MDR-aft of the ship was a bit more dressy and possibly a no go with shorts there.

Same when we were on the Jade. I just forget the names.🤔

1 hour ago, stormynow said:

Just off the Pearl and shorts every dining venue except Le Bistro.  May be allowed in Le Bistro, just didn't see any.

Thanks for the info.  Since this is such a short cruise my DH or DS won’t bring long pants and we will try eating at either restaurant.