Future Cruise Credit from Non-refundable deposit

Jay Bee

I've seen several threads that re-iterate Celebrity's policy that future cruise credit from canceling a non-refundable booking has to be used within 12 months, but does this mean 12 months to a new booking or 12 months to a new sail date?

Here are the T&C for the one we received recently for a canceled cruise.  While it states the cruise must be taken within a year (issued on 7/14/2019) everyone was reassured that it only had to be applied to a reservation by that date.  Evidently that is a difference between Royal and Celebrity.  But best to confirm with Celebrity.  Also note the inaugural booking window.  I know for Edge it was 1 year so I assume the same for Apex.

image.thumb.png.cb25a8c185a68eedf3c0bfa022fb9c30.png

Edited by wrk2cruise

A piggy-back if I may... May the credit be applied to a pre-existing sailing? For example, if I were to cancel my Edge cruise in July 2021 and go with a different, non-cruise (or non-Celebrity if I find an itinerary I want on another line) option, could the credit be applied to my existing Feb 2021 cruise or does it have to be on a totally new booking?

I applied to an existing booking that was already assigned to my TA.  Gave the FCC to the TA and all was taken care of.

You would think that they would just apply it as "payment" but what they really do is adjust the "Cruise Fare".  I'm not sure how that would affect things like future price drops etc which are based on the fare.

In my case since the issue was caused by Celebrity I know that this reduction in cruise fare didn't affect the TA's commission and therefor my perks.  But in the case of a FCC issued for a canceled NRD I suspect that would reduce any commission paid on the cruise on which it is applied.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Thanks 1

It took 2 months for us to get the one for the cancelled cruise but they were processing a whole ship of people.  I personally think they should be able to issue as soon as you cancel as that's the process they chose to implement for cancelling a NRD.

If you have an existing cruise you want it applied to then I would ask if they could just apply it now, otherwise I guess you give them the 2-4 weeks they claim then start pushing.

I have two NRD's booked; one is this coming May, and the other is for April of 2022.  The price difference was extraordinary large for 2022, so that was my rationale.  For May, I am cruising with a friend and received more OBC and all 4 perks!  Personally, I am not a fan of this at all, but Celebrity wan't to look in that money no matter what...