Inaugural cruises

JaxsMama

I'm on the Mardi Gras Nov 14th first sailing, which I wasn't expecting when I booked.  Can anyone share with me their experiences on a Carnival inaugural sailing?  Are there special events?  Were there things not open yet?  Thanks for any info. I'm a bit worried some things won't be operational like the Bolt.  Or the staff won't be totally trained like the Panarama cheers non alcoholic thread a few weeks back.  

I am sure several posters will come along with good advice. I can’t provide any because I would never book a cruise in close proximity to an initial launch or a ship coming out of dry dock. If I was in your situation I would either change the cruise to another ship or book another cruise on Panorama several months later.  However, I realize a lot of people don’t have that kind of flexibility for a variety of reasons. 

• Like 1

I too have never been on a first cruise.  But I am getting ready to board the Panorama on the 4th.  I have been watching closely to reviews, live reviews etc.  And everything is going very smoothly.  I am not worried that my cruise is only the 4 th cruise, they have this cruising thing down.

• Like 1

Because the Mardi Gras is a new class of ship and it's been delayed by 8 weeks there might be a few little issues.

The staff will still be learning to mesh.  So if that is all that happens, it'll be fine

Not so sure about that roller coaster...lol   I wasn't planning on going on it on our now cancelled 15 night cruise.

But the sit and ride bicycle thing on the ships has been shut down most of the times we've ever been on the ships that have it so hopefully you'll be able to ride the roller coaster!

• 9 months later...

I too am interested in what an inaugural cruise is like. Booked the Carnival Celebration this morning for a transatlantic in 2022. I have never been on one but expect to have some "bumps in the road". Would be curious to hear if there are any special events etc...

Wife and I were on the Panorama inagural cruise out of Long Beach. Was a good time.

The entire ship was working and guests received a nice photo book and some other knick knacks.

The only thing that made us chuckle was the MDR staff did not quite know all the table numbers or locations. Other than that, everything was perfect.

The Panorama Inaugural was amazing! Everything was perfect, and the crew were absolutely top notch. I think I’m going to book on Celebration in the next few days, a Transatlantic sailing has been a dream of mine since 1985.

• Like 2