Packing for the South Atlantic in the Spring?

coljack

We will be on Splendor sailing from NYC on April 16 for Bermuda and ultimately Barcelona.  I know how to check average temperatures for the time of year, but wonder if anyone has done a South Atlantic crossing in the Spring and can advise what to pack for spending time on deck?  Layers and some light rain gear, of course.  Any other suggestions?

Best holiday wishes to all the wonderful contributors on the Regent boards!  I appreciate all of you.

Basically you got it. Layers and some rain gear. Stops in the Bermuda and Azores, etc at this time of year can be windy and rainy.  This year's Explorer (2019) crossing MIA-LIS was windy, rainy and a bit rough. Enjoy

J

I was in the same transatlantic as Jmariner, late March 2019. Unfortunately weather wasn't our friend and there weren't many opportunities to lounge on deck. So although the rain gear is ok, unless you're planning to spend a lot of time outside under the elements, be sure to also bring comfy wear for inside. In my case that's what I wore the most.

• Like 1

We have done several TA crossings in the spring - I think probably 4 or 5.  We never had any really bad weather - maybe some cooler and rainy days.  Temperatures ranged from high teens to high twenties (C).   (I liked the low 20s the best...warm enough to be outside, to swim etc without frying!) .  Layering your clothes is the way to go - and givne the AC on the ship you will more than likely find that you add a sweater when you go inside...

Light rain gear you need anyway in Europe from March to November...with sweaters under it if needed.  Collapsible umbrella is essential.  The ship provides umbrellas but they are large and bulky.