Recommendation for Car/Limo Service Port of Miami to Airport

ricki

5 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Ricki:

In case you want another option I would also take a look at Larry's Limo: at:

http://www.larryslimo.com

Happy Holidays.

Keith

Thank you, Keith, actually that's who these clients have used before.  But the last time, the driver starting taking them to the FLL Airport instead of Miami, and, although they kept trying to tell him differently, he took them over a half an hour out of the way each way.  Evidently,  there was a language difficulty.  I did reach out to Larry's Limo, but with unsatisfactory results.

Ricki

We used Larry’s Limo from Port Everglades to MIA in November. I’m not sure I’d use them again. Driver called and told us he was near and would be there shortly. His definition of “near” and “shortly” differ from mine. We had a longer wait at the curb than I would have liked. And that’s a chaotic curb. 

Once he arrived, the car was very nice, and he efficiently delivered us to MIA.  However, there was confusion about payment. He wanted cash. We had provided a card number when the car was reserved. A telephone call to headquarters was necessary to straighten that out. 

All in all, we got to our destination as planned, but it could have been smoother. 

Hope that is helpful. 

Ricki,

You are very welcome.

We used them a few years ago and they were fine but given your clients experience and ChansonDeLaMer's recent experience obviously you should pass on them.

The one we have used most often in Miami which I didn't mention is Carey Limousine.  The upside for them are the vehicle, their reliability and  their drivers.  The downside is the pricing.  They can be costly unless you have the ability to book with some type of corporate discount.  In this case pricing should be fine.  

I know you wanted a service but just wanted to mention I have had fantastic  success with Uber including in Miami.   Often the drivers of the SUV's work for other private car services or even have their own under their name but also when not booked through these services they freelance for Uber.  In addition to Miami I had great success with them in Southern California and in other places including Sydney where we use it daily during our stay.  If you go with more of their premium service you often do get drivers who do this for a living.

Most recently when I was asking about a service for another location someone mentioned BlackLane and recommended it.  I looked at it for our own home area and although they do have service what I didn't like is the lack of a customer service number to call and reviews I read were not glowing.  Just mentioning this should it come up.  Maybe sometime I'll try it but not if we are on a tight schedule.

Happy Holidays.

Keith

34 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Ricki,

You are very welcome.

We used them a few years ago and they were fine but given your clients experience and ChansonDeLaMer's recent experience obviously you should pass on them.

The one we have used most often in Miami which I didn't mention is Carey Limousine.  The upside for them are the vehicle, their reliability and  their drivers.  The downside is the pricing.  They can be costly unless you have the ability to book with some type of corporate discount.  In this case pricing should be fine.  

I know you wanted a service but just wanted to mention I have had fantastic  success with Uber including in Miami.   Often the drivers of the SUV's work for other private car services or even have their own under their name but also when not booked through these services they freelance for Uber.  In addition to Miami I had great success with them in Southern California and in other places including Sydney where we use it daily during our stay.  If you go with more of their premium service you often do get drivers who do this for a living.

Most recently when I was asking about a service for another location someone mentioned BlackLane and recommended it.  I looked at it for our own home area and although they do have service what I didn't like is the lack of a customer service number to call and reviews I read were not glowing.  Just mentioning this should it come up.  Maybe sometime I'll try it but not if we are on a tight schedule.

Happy Holidays.

Keith

Thank you Keith and Chanson de la Mer,

I appreciate the input from both of you.  

I did suggest Carey Limousine and also Empire Limousine, with which we have been pleased.

I'm with you, Keith, we have used Uber all over the world and have been very satisfied with the vehicles and the drivers.  For those of you who have not used Uber or Lyft, or who use them infrequently, Uber publishes a list of safety suggestions:

https://www.uber.com/us/en/ride/safety/tips/

Key among the suggestions is to ask the driver who they are there to pick up, do not give your name first.

Happy holidays to you all, too!

Ricki

• Like 2

We also have used Uber, and occasionally Lyft, in numerous locations both domestic and foreign.  It has been a terrific experience.  I enjoy getting a glimpse into local culture through the background of the drivers. I also like the payment system. Knowing the fare in advance is helpful plus there is no exchange of cash required. 

We are embarking in Barcelona in August.  I’ve read there is no Uber there. Does anyone know if Uber or Lyft operate in Barcelona?  

9 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Interesting. I e-mailed them asking for a quote and availability from MIA to our hotel and he came back and said it would be uneconomical to do as he is located closer to FLL. This in spite of the fact that they list MIA/Port of Miami in their price chart!

3 hours ago, ChansonDeLaMer said:

We also have used Uber, and occasionally Lyft, in numerous locations both domestic and foreign.  It has been a terrific experience.  I enjoy getting a glimpse into local culture through the background of the drivers. I also like the payment system. Knowing the fare in advance is helpful plus there is no exchange of cash required. 

We are embarking in Barcelona in August.  I’ve read there is no Uber there. Does anyone know if Uber or Lyft operate in Barcelona?  

Uber  is no longer active in Barca, and no Lyft. They do have an app service called Cabify, but the taxis are plentiful, reasonable and safe.  I recommend Taking a taxi.

Ricki

1 hour ago, pinkie60 said:

Has anyone used the Brightline train from West Palm Beach to the port of Miami. And if so are there taxis at the train station to take you to the port?

I have

Just 10 minutes by Uber or Lyft for $8 or so. Brightline partners with Lyft and there are signs everywhere outside the entrance.

Taxis are available too

• Like 1