Cancelling one person out of four with nonrefundable deposit

Free Water

We've booked our cruise for next summer and paid the deposit for all four of us.  However, it's looking like one of my children may not be able to cruise.  Will RC let us apply her deposit towards the other three of us?  Can we remove one member of our party without losing the money we paid for her deposit?  

1 hour ago, marci22 said:

Looks like they will apply the balance of the deposits to guests 1 and 2. Still subject to terms and conditions of NRD so I would expect them to deduct $100 penalty. Bob is that correct?

Ken will have to confirm, but I didn't think they deducted the $100 penalty for guests 3 and 4.

2 hours ago, marci22 said:

Looks like they will apply the balance of the deposits to guests 1 and 2. Still subject to terms and conditions of NRD so I would expect them to deduct $100 penalty. Bob is that correct?

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Ken will have to confirm, but I didn't think they deducted the $100 penalty for guests 3 and 4.

If you cancel the 4th guest all of the money will transfer to guests 1 and 2 without penalty.   You can actually cancel the 4th guest up until 30 days prior to sailing and receive a full refund of their fare if you are beyond the final payment date.  

Just a word of caution.  There are cabins that hold 4 that have a restricted occupancy level meaning that they will not let you book them with three.  If you cancel one guest they may move you to a different cabin.  One cabin that I know that they have done this with on certain ships at least for some sailings is the new panoramic Oceanview cabins on Voyager and Freedom class ships. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you cancel the 4th guest all of the money will transfer to guests 1 and 2 without penalty.   You can actually cancel the 4th guest up until 30 days prior to sailing and receive a full refund of their fare if you are beyond the final payment date.  

Just a word of caution.  There are cabins that hold 4 that have a restricted occupancy level meaning that they will not let you book them with three.  If you cancel one guest they may move you to a different cabin.  One cabin that I know that they have done this with on certain ships at least for some sailings is the new panoramic Oceanview cabins on Voyager and Freedom class ships. 

Thank you all for the responses!  I really appreciate it.  We're in a Grand Suite, so I'm hoping that doesn't create an issue with only having 3 and not 4 passengers.  I may try a test booking just to confirm that we can book that suite with only 3 guests.

28 minutes ago, Free Water said:

Thank you all for the responses!  I really appreciate it.  We're in a Grand Suite, so I'm hoping that doesn't create an issue with only having 3 and not 4 passengers.  I may try a test booking just to confirm that we can book that suite with only 3 guests.

Three in a GS should be fine 

This exact scenario happened to us in a 2 Bedroom Grand Suite where we had 4 people booked which we sailed last month. Our TA said the deposit of $450 was not refundable but that she could cancel the person and we would not have to pay the remaining balance. The cancellation was made prior to final payment. So am I understanding here that the TA could of portioned the deposit of $450 to the first 2 passengers?

12 minutes ago, gbcruise said:

This exact scenario happened to us in a 2 Bedroom Grand Suite where we had 4 people booked which we sailed last month. Our TA said the deposit of $450 was not refundable but that she could cancel the person and we would not have to pay the remaining balance. The cancellation was made prior to final payment. So am I understanding here that the TA could of portioned the deposit of $450 to the first 2 passengers?

Correct.