First time at Long Beach Port - Any tips?

marseelee

I’ve only ever cruised out of Galveston but this March I’m cruising out of Long Beach on the Carnival Imagination. I’m landing at LAX at 7am. How is the traffic to/from the port? Any tips I should be aware of? Would love to hear differences between the Galveston port and Long Beach. Thanks in advance! 

Cheers drink package works on day one out of Long Beach.

I don't recall there being much fog or storms to worry about with Long Beach - we've always left on time and we've done 5 cruises out of Long beach.

Long beach port area is about 30 - 45 minutes from LAX depending on traffic.  If you are landing on a weekday, there will be pretty thick traffic by the time you get into an uber or cab around 8am so I would plan for an hour to be safe.

We choose AirBnB over hotels in the Long Beach Area to have more room to relax. 

The hotels close to the port are around $150 - $300 per night and there are many restaurants and bars to walk to if you stay in the port area.

Have a great cruise!

We cruise out of Long Beach a lot.  We take the Super Shuttle down from LAX  and as I recall it is about $40.00 for the two of us--may be a little more.  If you schedule an hour you will be at the pier generally ahead of that.

The boarding process takes place in a huge dome (it used to be home to Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose airplane) and has gotten better and quicker since they started that earlier this year.  Both embark and debark have become very smooth.

Have cruised out of Galveston once and I think Long Beach is easier but both were fine.

Think you will be pleased with what you find.

Enjoy

14 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

You might want to ask on the West Coast Departures board.

Note that Super Shuttle is no longer in business.

This IS the West Coast Departures Board!

Agree that Super Shuttle is out of business!

The Maya Hotel near the port has a special Carnival rate that may not be on their web site.

You can call to get it or email the reservations manager.

Let us know if you want that email but it sounds like you are coming in the morning of your cruise.

2 hours ago, riffatsea said:

This IS the West Coast Departures Board!

Agree that Super Shuttle is out of business!

The Maya Hotel near the port has a special Carnival rate that may not be on their web site.

You can call to get it or email the reservations manager.

Let us know if you want that email but it sounds like you are coming in the morning of your cruise.

This post was originally on the Carnival board. It must have been moved. A previous poster mentioned Super Shuttle, so just pointing out that it is no longer an option.