Thermoses and Nalgenes

Sinusoid

31 minutes ago, schlimazel_traveler said:

I've carried refillable mugs/tumblers on Grandeur and it works out fine. You can even ask for a glass of ice water in a bar and transfer it to your own container.

The problem I encountered, though, was that it's quite difficult to rinse out a bottle/tumbler or a straw in the stateroom bathroom, because the angle of the faucet and the vessel sink creates a major physics challenge. You may want to bring along an extra bottle you can fill with water to rinse out your coffee cup. I'm also bringing lots of my reusable straws so I can swap out a clean one as needed.

Oh yeah. I forgot about the weird little sinks.

*lightbulb*

I'll wash my containers IN THE SHOWER. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sinusoid said:

Oh yeah. I forgot about the weird little sinks.

*lightbulb*

I'll wash my containers IN THE SHOWER. 

Excellent idea.  Ever since they put in those stupid "vessel sinks", I've been doing most of the rinse cycle of my hand-wash laundry in the shower.  ☺️

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Hmmm

Let's think this through.

Perhaps you could bring a clean glass with you to the gym. Fill the clean cup up and transfer it to your preferred bottle.

Or you could just drink out of the fountain and be done with it.

I guess you’ve never been in gym. First, don’t want to bring a glass into gym, second, don’t want to get off treadmill to go to water fountain 

10 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I do follow the rules. But tell me what reason, except for selling water, can there be for not allowing bottles from being filled when you can put you mouth to the faucet 

You can also fill your bottles in your room.  It is all the same water.

@Seville2Cabo Do they sell water bottles in the gym? Can't you just take 2 refillables you filled in your cabin and kept in the fridge? 

We have 24 oz bottles. I cannot imagine exercising long enough to have to fill it during a session. But I know there are many more dedicated people out there!

Edited by mayleeman