Premier Deluxe Balcony

daydreamer16

Last night I booked a premier deluxe balcony cabin on the Regal for April 2021. I wasn't able to choose a cabin but from what I can tell, these are all aft facing cabins? The agent from princess wasn't able to explain why I couldn't book a specific cabin as it doesn't say sold out. I will be transferring this booking to my TA but I know that the people on this forum know more than a lot of TAs. So my question is, Are they all aft facing? Also, is one deck more preferable than another?

Thanks in advance!

These aft facing cabins are all the same size EXCEPT for the size of the balconies. Those on the Riviera, Baja, and Dolphin decks are considerably larger. These cabins vary from 242 sq. ft. to 312 sq.ft. The 70 sq. ft. difference could might quite a difference in your cruise. I booked a PH on the Discovery based on the larger square footage of the balcony on Dolphin. 

Edited by john_galt
  • Like 1

I don't know how to attach a cruise critic thread but if you search " Regal Princess Aft Premium Deluxe Balcony by cruzbug April 12, 2015, there is a lot of great information and some detailed pictures as well. Reading that thread is why I booked my upcoming Premium Deluxe Balcony D731 on the Royal.

• Like 2

You don't say what ship?

Yes the Premium Deluxe are aft facing. 

Be advised that with a GTY booking your cabin could be assigned anytime from today up to a day or 2 before the ship sails. So if you are comfortable with that then no problem. But if it will really bother you that you don't have a cabin assignment I suggest you get with your TA once the booking is transferred and have them work to get you an actual cabin/booking.

With a GTY you will have a cabin at sailing so don't worry about that.

He specified the Regal. I checked and all three cruises in April are GTY only. One of them is 26 days! I would be distressed if I had to spend a month knowing I ended up in a 242 sq. ft. cabin and someone else was in a 312 sq. ft. cabin for the same money. 

Edited by john_galt

On the Royal Princess, we had an aft premium deluxe balcony cabin D728. Balcony was half covered
 and larger than the aft balconies above and below.  I believe the four aft Baja balconies are also
 larger and half covered.  

Regarding deluxe balcony cabin availability, I have found that by selecting 3 guests instead of 2,
 Princess  website will show unsold deluxe balcony cabins on some cruises.  This does not help if
 Princess will not allow 2 guests to select a particular deluxe cabin. As suggested, a travel agent might 

be able to help.  

12 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

All great information! You guys are the best! Will look at video and read all the info that was suggested!

Thanks, Denise

consider marking your cabin as 'NO Upgrade' , but since you booked a GTY, you may get 'upgraded' to a MINI-suite, which would not be an upgrade to us … don't like the shower/tub combo ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonit964 said:

I don't know how to attach a cruise critic thread but if you search " Regal Princess Aft Premium Deluxe Balcony by cruzbug April 12, 2015, there is a lot of great information and some detailed pictures as well. Reading that thread is why I booked my upcoming Premium Deluxe Balcony D731 on the Royal.

Can anyone help me get to this cruzbug info from April 2015? Thanks

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

consider marking your cabin as 'NO Upgrade' , but since you booked a GTY, you may get 'upgraded' to a MINI-suite, which would not be an upgrade to us … don't like the shower/tub combo …

Will do, as I want an aft facing cabin and no bathtub!

1 hour ago, john_galt said:

He specified the Regal. I checked and all three cruises in April are GTY only. One of them is 26 days! I would be distressed if I had to spend a month knowing I ended up in a 242 sq. ft. cabin and someone else was in a 312 sq. ft. cabin for the same money. 

It's the 21 day and I like the idea of a larger balcony but I want one that's at least partially covered & a little more private ( not having people from Horizon court looking over).

6 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

Can anyone help me get to this cruzbug info from April 2015? Thanks

If you google Regal Princess Aft Premium Deluxe Balcony???, it should be the first one that comes up.

Never mind. Thank you john_galt.

Edited by tonit964
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, john_galt said:

Thanks, just what I needed!

15 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

If you google Regal Princess Aft Premium Deluxe Balcony???, it should be the first one that comes up.

Never mind. Thank you john_galt.

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

consider marking your cabin as 'NO Upgrade' , but since you booked a GTY, you may get 'upgraded' to a MINI-suite, which would not be an upgrade to us … don't like the shower/tub combo ...

The last time I tried to put a no upgrade on a GTY cabin Princess would not allow it,as it must be an assigned cabin.

• Like 2

There were occasions when one can not select a definite cabin number and only get "guaranteed" at time of booking, you can always try to make another dummy booking with triple or quad occupancy in the same class.  There are good chances that several cabin numbers will show up for selection (for triple or quad occupancy).  Note them down and check against the ship map for location, and choose the one you prefer the most.  Call your TA / or the cruise line to ask them to assign that specific cabin to you.  Since it is in the same category as your booking, they will normally do it with no extra charges.

It usually applies to the lowest categories of your selected room type.  But if you expect a possible complimentary upgrade to a better location / or higher categories,    then you'd better to wait for whenever the cruiser company assigned you a cabin.  There is no guarantee though.

4 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Thats a Premium Deluxe aft?  🤔

I thought they faced aft?  🤔

Just sayin...I did my homework. I was booked in D727 (PH) until E729 (OS) opened up. 

Booked in A751 (aft PH) on the Caribbean in November and D727 (largest aft PH) on the Discovery for December 2021.

25 minutes ago, john_galt said:

Just sayin...I did my homework. I was booked in D727 (PH) until E729 (OS) opened up. 

Booked in A751 (aft PH) on the Caribbean in November and D727 (largest aft PH) on the Discovery for December 2021.

I'm thinking those are all mini suites or full suites, not premium balcony?