JS tag along privileges with sky suite parents

cured

There are so many different stories out there, from previous passengers to different answers from RCCL Customer service, that I am now thoroughly confused on what to expect on our next cruise.

Back story:  As their Christmas gift, we gifted the family a cruise on Oasis in August. Parents + 2 adult children are in a sky suite. My one son and his new wife are in a Jr suite.  I have been reading several threads on a different groups that seem to contradict what I previously believed.   Many are saying that if a parent, even for adult children,  has a sky or star suite, their other family members, if in a js, can tag along enjoying our benefits.  From reading here, that was not my previous belief.  But now I am wondering when I see people saying their children in a balcony cabin were able to eat breakfast and lunch with them every day in the CK.

I am weighing different options (upgrading son and DIL, waiting for RoyalUP and taking a chance, or leaving them in the Windjammer while the rest of the family eats breakfast in the CK 😋.)  I do know that we can request a guest occasionally and JS's have space available access to the CK for dinner, but what about everything else? Lunch, breakfast, suite deck, having a drink in the suite lounge in the evening with us (with deluxe package so no using the free suite drinks)? 

Experts, what say you on an adult child in a junior suite having tag-along privileges with the higher status parent suite?  What is the expert experience?  

(PS...can't get two concurrent answers from RCCL customer service, so here asking the experts,)

Edited by cured

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The rule is that only guests booked in the suite get the suite perks. Your experience may vary, but be prepared for them to enforce the rule.

That is what I thought, but started to doubt myself when I started reading a bunch of people posted to the contrary.  And I would never expect additional perks not paid for nor try to demand them. Just wanted clarification before I spent more money on an upgraded suite for them. 😊

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Since they are adults who had the opportunity to book a Sky class cabin it doesn’t really seem fair that they would get those extra perks without paying for them.  

Actually, they had no idea they were getting a cruise. 😊 I booked the staterooms. When I first booked, I just planned on eating in the MDR and Windjammer with them. But am now having second thoughts and would like us all to enjoy some of the suite perks.

BUT, I agree with you completely.  Nobody should expect more than what was paid for. As I mentioned above, I was certain they wouldn't get our perks until I started reading people saying definitively that children did get parent's suite perks, which caused some confusion on my part.

I think it best to just shell out the extra 3 grand for a grand suite so that we won't have to worry about whether we are breaking the rules or not. But wanted to clarify just in case it wasn't necessary.

Thanks all for the clarification.

Edited by cured
  • Like 1

The most common exception of which I am aware is having guests for dinner in CK.  This policy seems to vary cruise to cruise, but what I've read most is being allowed to have dinner guests one or two nights in CK.