Borabora snorkel trip time frame

Gracelyn

Hi, not sure how this works but we dock at 8-5. A 3/4 day will take us to 230-330ish. I think we tender from NCL JEWEL.  Are we cutting it close or do we do a half day to play it safe?

It familiar with tendering or how long that takes. 
thanks

gracelyn 

14 minutes ago, Gracelyn said:

Hi, not sure how this works but we dock at 8-5. A 3/4 day will take us to 230-330ish. I think we tender from NCL JEWEL.  Are we cutting it close or do we do a half day to play it safe?

It familiar with tendering or how long that takes. 
thanks

gracelyn 

If it's a private excursion which it sounds like remember cruisers on the ship's excursions typically have first access to the tenders  .... then everyone else. Expect your not going to be on the first tender so make sure your private vendor knows you won't be at the tender drop off spot until around 9:00 am. I would guess there may be several other cruisers on your same excursion so there shouldn't be a problem with 9:00 am  ... the private vendors know the drill but make sure you communicate your request. 

As the private vendors pick up at the same location as the tender drop off there shouldn't be a problem with 2:30 - 3:30 pm. you will be dropped off and walk about a hundred feet or less and back on to the tender. 

Which vendor?

I bet your going to be visiting Bora Bora around the middle of March 😉

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Ok, thanks we are either going with Lagoon tours which would be the half day or Maohi Nui for 3/4 day. 

lol. Yes how would you know that time frame. 

I’m just beginning to plan days and excursions. Where we need cars etc. 

thanks

Gracelyn

1 hour ago, Gracelyn said:

Ok, thanks we are either going with Lagoon tours which would be the half day or Maohi Nui for 3/4 day. 

lol. Yes how would you know that time frame. 

I’m just beginning to plan days and excursions. Where we need cars etc. 

thanks

Gracelyn

The Paul Gauguin is scheduled to be visiting Bora bora the same time as the Jewel which reminds me that Maohi Nui is usually under contract to the PG when visiting Bora bora for two ship excursions. Have you talked to Maohi Nui if they are accepting passengers on that date?  The PG Captain has the authority to change up the schedule if a large ship is scheduled to visit at the same time so this may be the case and there is no scheduling conflicts  .... but I would confirm with Maohi Nui 😉

I will be on the Paul Gauguin  .... and I always verify the ship activity in French Polynesia when I'm going to be there. 

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

39 minutes ago, Gracelyn said:

Thanks. Just waiting on confirmation! Who else would you suggest as well, do we need to be back on board more then an hour ahead? 
we are going to try and snorkel in as many ports as we can lol
gracelyn. 

Don't know about the time back on-board  ... we are always on the PG and it's a breeze on a small ship. 

If you're looking for a full day (would get you back to the ship by 3pm) both Pure Snorkeling and Lagoon Service are very good. But they both have 1/2 day tours (I'd recommend the 1/2 day)

Our FAVORITE though is Tohora Bora Bora- it's 4 hours of intense snorkeling with a guy who is a blast to be with and dedicated to ecotourism. The best part is that it's 6 passengers max. We saw and swam with manta rays, eagle rays, stingrays and a huge variety of fish at 4 different sites. It's 4 hours- he picks you up at 8:30-9a and drops you off at 12:30-1.

We've been out with him twice before and again this April.

I've not been out with H2O Bora Bora but also small groups and rave reviews.

Have fun.

1 minute ago, Gracelyn said:

Thanks for all your help. I appreciate the heads up

• Thanks 1

Thank you Petoonya! 
we do only want to do 4 hours. Or 1/2 day. Will look into your suggestion. 

On 1/2/2020 at 8:44 AM, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

I would be surprised if Maohi Nui had space available still, even if the PG isn't visiting the same day  .... Maohi Nui is very well known and books quickly. If there is room I'd decide soon 😉

they are not doing half days...😞