Cococay Floating Cabana - can we invite friends not on reservation?

We are traveling with a large group in February and contemplating renting the beach club floating cabana on Cococay.  It is limited to 8 people on the reservation for the cabana.  If we have a couple of other folks in our group who buy the day pass to the beach club, will they be allowed to come out and "visit" us on the cabana?  

Since it is not open, it has yet to be determined.  From the photos I saw from December of the beach club, I don’t even know if it’ll be built/open by February.

I do know they won’t let non paying guests into the Chill Island cabana area. Folks without bands were turned back, and if they got past by accident they were asked to leave. That being said they haven’t paid more to be in the Beach Club. The issue will come down to a cabana attendant tending to more folks that are supposed to be in the cabana.  Visiting for 20 minutes is a lot different than staying for an extended period of time. 

IMO, I think at the start of each floating cabana pier they will have a worker making certain only those with specific bands have access. Otherwise everyone will want to walk out for the view etc.  Those who paid the substantial amount of money will not want to be “bothered” by the curious lookers. 

You might want to consider the beachfront cabanas at the Beach Club.  Your extra friends would most likely find it much easier to visit and the cabana is less money. 

Once it is opened reports will eventually filter back to how it is being handled. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dogsambam said:

After being in Cococay today.  I cannot imagine how coco beach club will be ready to open at end of month.!  Looks so

unfinished!

That was my thought as well. The photos I saw only had a partially constructed building and that was about it. If that building is the restaurant and kitchen they still have some work to to. The floating cabanas can already be built stinging on land or waiting to be delivered by barge. They would just need to be floated out along with the pier.  However, I haven’t seen any photos of a pool either. 

They might come through at the end with a big finish but it took longer (a few months 2-5?) for the pier to be completed. Yes, it isn’t as big as a pier, but slow and steady seems to be the construction theme as a general practice on the islands. 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

That was my thought as well. The photos I saw only had a partially constructed building and that was about it. If that building is the restaurant and kitchen they still have some work to to. The floating cabanas can already be built stinging on land or waiting to be delivered by barge. They would just need to be floated out along with the pier.  However, I haven’t seen any photos of a pool either. 

They might come through at the end with a big finish but it took longer (a few months 2-5?) for the pier to be completed. Yes, it isn’t as big as a pier, but slow and steady seems to be the construction theme as a general practice on the islands. 

We call that 'Island Time'

I thought I saw the forms for the pool a while ago

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

We call that 'Island Time'

I thought I saw the forms for the pool a while ago

that would be a positive regarding the pool. I was being a bit more PC, for the island time aspect.😉

On 1/3/2020 at 10:46 AM, hmbc1977 said:

We are traveling with a large group in February and contemplating renting the beach club floating cabana on Cococay.  It is limited to 8 people on the reservation for the cabana.  If we have a couple of other folks in our group who buy the day pass to the beach club, will they be allowed to come out and "visit" us on the cabana?  

Highly unlikely. 

27 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

We sail on the 26th. And they have the above water cabanas for sale in excursions section.  

would they still book the ?  If they weren’t gonna be open. ??   

yes they would. You might want to be looking at the other categories to see what is available if you are wanting a cabana, as you might need to rebook another quickly if it gets cancelled. 

27 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

yes they would. You might want to be looking at the other categories to see what is available if you are wanting a cabana, as you might need to rebook another quickly if it gets cancelled. 

I’m not spending money to sit on water Lolol.  
we’re the only ship at Cococay the day we are there. 
not spending anything and gonna sit on the water lol.   

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.  Unfortunately ALL of the other cabanas are sold out that day, so this was our only option.  They say "opening 1/31/20" on the website, but I realize that's an aspiration, not set in stone.  I will keep my eyes open to see if anyone cancels a different cabana that I can snatch up.  My guess is that they'd be more likely to open up right before the cruise since they have to be canceled 48 hours out and this is on Sunday of our Friday-Monday cruise.  Presumably other people were more on the ball than my group is and booked them as a contingency early on.  

I'll bump this thread early in February and see if the beach club actually opened up on schedule.  In the meantime, if anyone has any other informed suggestions or thoughts, I'd love to hear them!