Newcastle - car hire

Just hoping to get some specific info about Newcastle . ( we have been before and so this time want to head to the Hunter Valley ) We are hiring a car from Hertz for the day and know the port shuttle takes you to Queens Wharf which means a 35 minute walk back and the same on car return . Can anyone tell me if there are taxis at the cruise ship dock to take you into town or is the shuttle the only way ? I cant remember . If so , the Hertz Rental office is on the shuttle route , any chance it would stop and let us off ? Has anyone done this before ? Any advice most appreciated .

In my experience most shuttle drivers will drop you on the route if there is a convenient place to do so, normally a bus stop. Otherwise there are frequently cabs around the Queens wharf drop off, trying to remember where Hertz is to think if there is anywhere they could drop you.

Thanks for the prompt reply ! Hertz address is Unit 2 / 122 Hannel St which looks like its at the roudabout where you turn to head down to Queens Wharf . It goes past  the Hannel st /Cowper St Bus stop . Maybe they would drop us off there 

•  
  •  

Of course I have it now go past it every time I go to work, I suspect most shuttles would probably drop you there, but have you asked if Hertz will deliver it to the ship? But a disclaimer I have never sailed into NEWCASTLE.