Change dates

Pippawhipper1

did you take the insurance or do you have private insurance?

did you book the air through Celebrity?

do you have a travel agent?

We don't know enough to be able to give you good advice, but I will point out to anyone who adds to this thread that the OP is in the UK, and so US policies may not apply.

I hope you took out insurance. If not, you are probably SOL.

It's precisely for reasons like this that insurance is offered and why we always make sure we get it - not through the cruise line, but through a third party site that covers ALL of the trip and not just the cruise portion.

Hope Mum recovers quickly.

7 hours ago, Pippawhipper1 said:

Should be going to Australia on Saturday and my mum has been taken I'll 

What are Celebrity like would they let me change dates?

This was my holiday of a lifetime. Never thought I'd be able to go to Australia it's been a lifetime dream.

Thoughts are with you...so sorry about your Mum.

It is difficult to offer advice as so much depends on how you have booked things. If your flights are fixed tickets, booked direct or through an agency then you unlikely to get anything back other than through insurance. If you have a flexible ticket you may be able to swap.

Celebrity in our experience are great at accommodating swaps up until final payment (there should be a £75 admin charge each for guests 1 and 2). After final payment it is worth a phone call but it is unlikely they will do a simple swap, they may offer you some ‘future cruise’ certificates as a good will gesture. If you booked through a travel agent you need to contact Celebrity through them...

If you have insurance simply phone and ask them what to do...If you don’t have insurance check your credit card details. Many people have some insurance with their card that they are unaware of.

Please come back on and let us know how you got on. Many of us worry about similar situations, it would be nice to know how flexible/supportive airlines, Celebrity and insurance companies are...

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

Hi sorry to hear about your mum.  If this was unexpected and your mum had no pre-existing  health issues that are the cause of this illness then you may be covered on your insurance policy.  However, if she had issues that you haven't told your insurers about they will be unlikely to cover you.  Unfortunately celebrity are unlikely to help here, even if it was you that were ill then they, in my past experience will not accommodate changes.  The airlines in our experience have been more obliging - we have had refunds or credit notes from - Virgin Atlantic (canceled day before as DH has TIA).  And 2 lots of easy jet flights gave us a credit note when I took Leukemia).

Hope your mum improves - and remember Australia will still be waiting for you when the time is right.  We canceled our holiday of a lifetime when I took ill and I can assure you it was even more special when I stood outside the "police office in san Marie on the death in paradise set last year after 7 months in hospital"