B2B & buying alcohol

Banditswife

We have a short 4 day prior to a longer 10 day coming up (back to back)  My question is this: can we buy alcohol in ports on the 1st leg, then have it in our cabin for the 2nd cruise?  I know they usually deliver/allow you to pick up purchased alcohol on the last day.  Or would they just keep it for the duration & allow pick up at the end of the 2nd cruise?

1 hour ago, Banditswife said:

We have a short 4 day prior to a longer 10 day coming up (back to back)  My question is this: can we buy alcohol in ports on the 1st leg, then have it in our cabin for the 2nd cruise?  I know they usually deliver/allow you to pick up purchased alcohol on the last day.  Or would they just keep it for the duration & allow pick up at the end of the 2nd cruise?

On the only B2B we did, they delivered our alcohol purchase to us on the last night of the first cruise, so we had it for the second cruise.  They're really 2 separate cruises.

Just off a B2B and had some OBC to use or loose on the first one. Bought some liquor and when they went to ring it up we were flagged as B2B so they held it until the end of the second leg.This was a change from in the past but was told it is the way they have to do it now.

• Like 1

ok, so maybe depends on ship or they have changes their policy.  I was hoping to buy some wine/liquor in MX, then have it for our Alaska cruise which is the 2nd portion.  I am not planning on buying it on the ship, but in port.  Might be hit or miss.

I'm surprised that nobody brought this up as it is at least a 20 year old solved problem.  Have a friend who is on the 1st half and getting off purchased your "supplies".  Pay them back when your stuff is delivered to them on the last night.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 4:49 PM, biomedbob said:

I'm surprised that nobody brought this up as it is at least a 20 year old solved problem.  Have a friend who is on the 1st half and getting off purchased your "supplies".  Pay them back when your stuff is delivered to them on the last night.

Great idea, if I knew anyone getting off the 1st half.  We will see how that works out.

On 1/16/2020 at 7:03 PM, Banditswife said:

Great idea, if I knew anyone getting off the 1st half.  We will see how that works out.

on our last cruise, we met some people at one of the trivia contests who was doing a B2B & didn't know that any alcohol that they purchased on board would probably be held until the end of their 2nd cruise. so i offered to "buy" their alcohol for them. i purchased 3 LARGE bottles of alcohol in port-which carnvial held until the last night. they purchased a very nice bottle of wine in port which i also carried on-which carnival held the last night.

on the last night, we met up....they gave me the cash for the alcohol (liquor & wine) i purchased & i gave them the bottles of liquor. i got a very nice bottle of wine for my troubles.

(of course the people who saw me walking back on board in port probably thought i had a drinking problem with as much alcohol as i had, but not my problem)

the people had purchased cheers for the first leg of their B2B & were using that to determine if they should buy the cheers for the 2nd half. this way they didn't have to buy cheers for the 2nd half at all. which saved them about 1000$....all for the price of a 75$ bottle of wine.

i would do it again if someone asked. try your roll call.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:13 AM, MNLIvin said:

Just off a B2B and had some OBC to use or loose on the first one. Bought some liquor and when they went to ring it up we were flagged as B2B so they held it until the end of the second leg.This was a change from in the past but was told it is the way they have to do it now.

This NOW seems to be the case ... purchase is flagged as B2B .....

• 1 month later...

On our B2B in 2018, we took 2 bottles of wine per person and showed them both boarding passes. They let us take them on with us. Not sure if it happens all the time, but we have been able to do that.  It's less work for them to just let you bring it on, rather than storing it and giving it to you the last night of the first cruise. At least, that's my opinion. :)

ok, so maybe depends on ship or they have changes their policy.  I was hoping to buy some wine/liquor in MX, then have it for our Alaska cruise which is the 2nd portion.  I am not planning on buying it on the ship, but in port.  Might be hit or miss.

One way around it would be if you have somebody sailing with you on the first portion have them claim it on their last night, and just give it to you. And you can just keep it in your room for the second portion of the cruise. You can also try this if you meet some really nice people on the ship and explain the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1 hour ago, najnelle said:

On our B2B in 2018, we took 2 bottles of wine per person and showed them both boarding passes. They let us take them on with us. Not sure if it happens all the time, but we have been able to do that.  It's less work for them to just let you bring it on, rather than storing it and giving it to you the last night of the first cruise. At least, that's my opinion. 🙂

We have done this on several of our B2B cruises with 4 bottles of wine. When get to the scanner we tell them we are doing a B2B and show them our boarding passes fro both cruises and have had no problems.