Taxi vs. Uber at FLL on Super Bowl Sunday?

CruiserMickey

We just booked a last minute cruise on the Celebrity Edge which sets sail on Super Bowl Sunday. Hotel prices were WAY more than we wanted to spend, so we are flying in on a red eye (not our usual MO) that arrives at 7am.

My questions are...is it likely that Uber rates will be sky high because of the Super Bowl? I am guessing yes.

If so, are taxi rates regulated even on event days?

Is the taxi line near the Uber waiting area at FLL, or are they quite far apart?

I have limited experience with Uber, but will definitely compare the rates when we land... just trying to do some pre-planning. Any suggestions will be welcomed!

We took an uber from FLL a couple months ago - pick up areas were easy to locate.  Same with taxis.  I've heard uber has "peak pricing", but no first hand knowledge.  Since the Super Bowl is in Miami, FLL might be less likely to have that.  No idea on taxis.  Either way though, the FLL airport is close to the port, if they're charging an extra 20 bucks it is what it is.  Choose either taxi or uber, get in and get to your ship.😋

• Like 1

If Uber surge pricing is in effect, due to increased demand, you'll see the expected fare on the app before your confirm your ride request.  You can always grab the first taxi in line from FLL to PE for about $15+ on the meter.  With the game in the evening I suspect you will not have an issue with a morning trip from FLL.

• Like 1

Doubtful Uber will be surging at 10AM or whenever you are heading to port.  Most likely after the game.

I would just take a cab.  I'm assuming you are sailing out of Port Everglades?  Your post does not specify that.

Cab down to Bo's Beach for breakfast and hang out with a few mimosas until you can take a short cab to the port for your cruise.  Bo's is across from the beach and the views are spectacular.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

Doubtful Uber will be surging at 10AM or whenever you are heading to port.  Most likely after the game.

I would just take a cab.  I'm assuming you are sailing out of Port Everglades?  Your post does not specify that.

Cab down to Bo's Beach for breakfast and hang out with a few mimosas until you can take a short cab to the port for your cruise.  Bo's is across from the beach and the views are spectacular.

Yes, we are sailing out of Port Everglades. I had specified the ship, not the port. Thanks for your advice!

Edited by CruiserMickey

I don't think Uber ever surges at the airport.  Drivers are lined up waiting sometimes up to an hour just to get riders.  That won't change super bowl Sunday.  I wouldn't overthink it.  Just Uber as you usually would.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BNBR said:

I don't think Uber ever surges at the airport.  Drivers are lined up waiting sometimes up to an hour just to get riders.  That won't change super bowl Sunday.  I wouldn't overthink it.  Just Uber as you usually would.

Thanks for your input! I hope that is what happens when we get there.