Guaranteed Stateroom - when assigned?

cellfree

How close in to a cruise have you waited for your Assigned Cabin? The website says “your stateroom will be assigned at least 14 days prior to your cruise” however we are closer in than that. 

Edited by cellfree
punctuation

I'm waiting too, on previous bookings it was much earlier. I have read recently on here it could be as close as 5 days before or you might not even know until you board.

I have chilled and stopped looking now.

3 hours ago, elaineha said:

Just received ours today. Cruise is Jan 18.

Received mine yesterday for a cruise starting January 18th.  Booked Bella  Interior received Fantastica Balcony (with Bella Experience).

I have been looking daily as well, we don't depart until 2/2, we booked a Bella Balcony Guarantee and are excited to see what we end up with.  

On our last MSC cruise we booked an inside and received a balcony, which was amazing.

10 minutes ago, elaineha said:

So did we!

There should be a thread just for the results of Guaranteed Cabins, and which cabin was actually assigned on each ship.  They have an active thread for status match, what you have and what you ended up getting.  That way there could be a way in looking at trends, or the timeframe on when the passenger booked.  I follow a lot of budgeting forums for all types of purchases, and the thing missing on cruise critic are up-to-date forums that would list going rates of cruises, without directly mentioning the site, as there are only a handful, so savvy shoppers will be able to find it quickly.  The Cruise critic boards, (probably because the posters are mostly older)are definitely not helpful for buyers looking to find a good deals.  But, it shouldn't be like that, but it is unfortunately 😏

12 hours ago, Host Joe said:

I have been looking daily as well, we don't depart until 2/2, we booked a Bella Balcony Guarantee and are excited to see what we end up with.  

On our last MSC cruise we booked an inside and received a balcony, which was amazing.

I took a calculated risk on our upcoming repositioning cruise as the inside guarantee cabin was an amazing price for a 16 day cruise so I will be perfectly ok if assigned that way.

On the two occasions I have booked inside cabins for guests who travelled with us and they were both upgraded to balcony.

Kind of hoping for the same and if The Secret really works it will 😁

• Like 1

Got Cabin assignment today January 8 - cruising Monday January 13 - booked Interior Bella Guaranteed Cabin (great last minute price so even though I typically like to choose my cabin location thought this was worth taking the chance) and was assigned Oceanview Fantastica (I do realize I will still have Bella privileges) and am very pleased. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2020 at 3:30 PM, fishin' musician said:

Once you receive your assignment does MSC allow changing to a different room in the same category?

No changes if you booked a guarantee assignment originally.

Edited by jdvmd

3 hours ago, jdvmd said:

No changes if you booked a guarantee assignment originally.

Unless you choose to pay for a different cabin if it is available in a different category. I did this recently. Not a bid. I just paid the difference for a.higher category room.