Early Saver Price Protection Question

cloudninecat

Help me understand what I'm doing wrong. Twice now I've turned in a request and twice I've been turned down within minutes. 
Am I doing something wrong or just not understanding? Here is the scenario I have two cruises scheduled (B2B) the dates, ship and cabin categories are the same of that I have no doubt. Both were originally booked Early Saver.. The only thing in question is the fare price has actually gone up but the difference is that they are offering $200 in OBC which lowers the overall rate. I've been successful in getting the protection under this condition before but maybe that was a fluke or maybe there is something about this set up I'm not understanding or just maybe carnival is being a bear and I need to be more forceful. Here are the numbers. 

Booking One:

New Rate: $1726 plus $200 OBC

Old Rate $1638

Difference $112 in OBC

Booking Two:

New Rate: $1416 plus $200 OBC

Old Rate: $1338 

Difference $122 in OBC

This is the only thing that gives me pause.

Offer is applicable to new bookings only. Must book by February 29, 2020. Request rate code OXQ.

Is there something here I'm not getting or do I need to call Carnival and start complaining? PS my PVP quit so I can't call him. 

I thought you could only price match fare to fare. I didn't think a new OBC offer could be factored in. I don't know, I just never heard that before. However, I do know that if you started out with OBC, then matched to a lower fare that didn't include OBC, you'd lose the original OBC. So you have to make sure the difference in fares is more than the OBC you lost, or you'd come out behind.

I will say this. I've submitted a price match claim using their online form and they denied it. Their reason was that the booking was not Early Saver, even though the rate had "Early Saver" right there in its name. So I sent the info. to my PVP and within 45 minutes, he had our balance adjusted. So their system isn't always reliable.

6 hours ago, cloudninecat said:

Help me understand what I'm doing wrong. Twice now I've turned in a request and twice I've been turned down within minutes. 
Am I doing something wrong or just not understanding? Here is the scenario I have two cruises scheduled (B2B) the dates, ship and cabin categories are the same of that I have no doubt. Both were originally booked Early Saver.. The only thing in question is the fare price has actually gone up but the difference is that they are offering $200 in OBC which lowers the overall rate. I've been successful in getting the protection under this condition before but maybe that was a fluke or maybe there is something about this set up I'm not understanding or just maybe carnival is being a bear and I need to be more forceful. Here are the numbers. 

Booking One:

Old Rate $1638

Difference $112 in OBC

Booking Two:

Difference $122 in OBC

Offer is applicable to new bookings only. Must book by February 29, 2020. Request rate code OXQ.

Is there something here I'm not getting or do I need to call Carnival and start complaining? PS my PVP quit so I can't call him. 

Ask for a new PVP

8 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I thought you could only price match fare to fare. I didn't think a new OBC offer could be factored in. I don't know, I just never heard that before. However, I do know that if you started out with OBC, then matched to a lower fare that didn't include OBC, you'd lose the original OBC. So you have to make sure the difference in fares is more than the OBC you lost, or you'd come out behind

I've been successful getting it in the past  when the fare went up but with the OBC the overall cost went down, but maybe I just got lucky.  That's why I'm confused that it's not working for me this time. I hate to just ask whoever answers the phone because you know you'll get 10 different answers. I guess I should get a new PVP but I'm not ready to book again until the rest of 2022 comes out so I was just waiting to ask for one in case they quit too. I've gone through a few already.  

6 hours ago, cloudninecat said:

Booking One:

Old Rate $1638

Difference $112 in OBC

Booking Two:

Difference $122 in OBC

The new bookings part is the issue.  That should not be eligible for price protection.  There may have been times when they did match that, but normally, that would not be, as it is a special fare.

2 minutes ago, rukkian said:

The new bookings part is the issue.  That should not be eligible for price protection.  There may have been times when they did match that, but normally, that would not be, as it is a special fare.

That's what I thought it might be. Thanks.