Is current offer a good deal? It expires tomorrow.

SarahD112

I was going to book for next spring break while onboard our next cruise, which sails Friday. However, the current sale ends tomorrow. Does anyone have any good information as to whether the next sail is basically the same? 

Royal has continuous fake sales.  There will be another right after and for the most part prices won't change much.

If you are committed to a cruise, purchase now.  If the price goes down you can get a price drop up until final payment date.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If you are committed to a cruise, purchase now.  If the price goes down you can get a price drop up until final payment date.

Bob, your perfect reply should be cut & pasted to every "is this a good deal?" thread.  If someone likes a cruise, likes an available cabin, feels the fare is acceptable, then book it.  Then follow it every now & then and if the price drops get it reduced.  Sales come & go, some good, some not so good.   Find a fare you can accept and if you get it reduced before sailing, be happy.

10 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

Bob, your perfect reply should be cut & pasted to every "is this a good deal?" thread.  If someone likes a cruise, likes an available cabin, feels the fare is acceptable, then book it.  Then follow it every now & then and if the price drops get it reduced.  Sales come & go, some good, some not so good.   Find a fare you can accept and if you get it reduced before sailing, be happy.

That’s why I asked if someone had any good information. I know the standard reply. Was looking to see if someone in the know would respond. On the disboards, someone always gives a heads up when a good sale is about to drop for Disney. Doesn’t seem to work that way for cruises though. 

4 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

That’s why I asked if someone had any good information. I know the standard reply. Was looking to see if someone in the know would respond. On the disboards, someone always gives a heads up when a good sale is about to drop for Disney. Doesn’t seem to work that way for cruises though. 

Yeah - the problem is knowing what is a "good sale".  They can reduce the price but also reduce the included perks.  Or what happened to me last time, reduce the price but only on non-refundable deposits.  That one almost got me!  Best of luck with it.

6 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

Could be that Disney has real sales, whereas other than kids sail free, there has been no real sale from Royal since May 2014.

31 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

I think a good sale depends on what prices you are comparing it to, what type of cabin, etc, etc, etc. Everything is so variable on a cruise.

We booked 2 cabins back in September.  Our one cabin is $600 more with this sale, the other cabin I could change from a suite gty to a jr suite for $37 less if I wanted to.  One cabin was definitely not a sale compared to what I booked in September, the other cabin a very, very slight sale.

Edited by cured

5 hours ago, SarahD112 said:

I was going to book for next spring break while onboard our next cruise, which sails Friday. However, the current sale ends tomorrow. Does anyone have any good information as to whether the next sail is basically the same? 

Which ship and sailing?

13 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

Oasis March 14th. 

Booking onboard is nice as you'll get onboard credit and a reduced deposit.   I'm not sure if you normally use a TA, but looking at the TA site there are group rates available, which is better than the current sale prices.  

11 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

What’s the number of people/staterooms to qualify for a group rate? I do use a travel agent but was prepared to book myself since it’s a weekend. 

The majority of the time it's only 2.  Occasionally, there's a rate for 4.  How many do you have and what type of cabin do you prefer? Also, do you have a C&A discount?

Edited by KALCJ1

3 minutes ago, KALCJ1 said:

The majority of the time it's only 2.  Occasionally, there's a rate for 4.  How many do you have and what type of cabin do you prefer? Also, do you have a C&A discount?

I thought it was 8 cabins, 16 person minimum?

That is why is it good to book with a good TA.  We were set to book online, but my younger brother went into a local storefront for a popular online cruise agency.  They had a group block of rooms for our date, and we were able to save $1500.  Many agencies reserve blocks of rooms on popular ships/dates.  It is worth a try.